Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Places!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by ajfish, Oct 14, 2006.

1. ajfish

ajfish IncGamers Member

Best Places!!!!!

I got a pure blizz sorc lvl 83 right now, i pretty much want to know the best places to mf her. i used to do meph alot but kinda want to try some other places. im pretty much lookin for well higher end gear, gc and runes never hurt either. i know i know you dont need mf for runes but i was thinking of killin 2 birds with 1 stone. thanks guys.

2. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ IncGamers Member

I like to run The Pit (dungeon in the Tamoe Highlands), but I also have had good luck in the Icy Cellar(Act V- the dungeon in the area just before the ancients). The Boss there (Snapchip Shatter?) always drops pretty good- for me at least. The Ancient Tunnels (Act II- in the Lost City I believe) usually yield some good stuff, too, as does the Worldstone Keep.

As for Runes. . .run the Countess. She always drops fairly well and pops out runes regularly.

Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

3. Aksama

Aksama IncGamers Member

Are Shenk and Eld always Cold Immune? They'd be good to run.

4. warcraftgosu

warcraftgosu IncGamers Member

yes i believe they are always CI

5. wildbillboy

wildbillboy Banned

This really goes to treasure classes and what you are looking for...
    do a search on this as if you are looking for SOJ's or Skills charms the recomendations so far are off, they are just the best places for a Any Item includeing the hardest to find ones, for specific types you need to farm it elsewhere.

6. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

so is the countess - but she's easy merc fodder. The problem is that horde of friends she has - they are cold immune too. I believe the only place guaranteed not to have any cold immunes is the ancient tunnels. Pure blizzard sorcs are kinda limited in what they can do.

7. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

Ancient tunnels. Area Level: 85 No Cold Immunes... ever.

Laz

8. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

With Blizz sorc's I would go for Andy, Meph, Pindle and Ancient Tunnles.

9. ajfish

ajfish IncGamers Member

cool thx everyone im gonna try a few of those places out today, as for countess ive been doin her with my pally but no tele so take a few to get there. 10 runs nothin higher then a ort :( its all good tho.

10. Pooshy

Pooshy IncGamers Member

Okay, well this is what my runs usually consist of. I haven't killed hell meph for the quest purposely.

So I join baal runs/chaos run games, kill meph then from there I kill the summonor (I sometimes do meph without my merc, but now he is strong enough to survive him so I try to keep my merc around all the time). The ghoul lords are a *****, but tele right to the summonor and you should have few problems.

After the summonor I'll hit up the ancient tunnels, if there are still a lot of poeple in the game I'll tele to the chest to open it asap and then clear out the tunnel as people leave (baal/chaos runs usually end around then).

After the ancient tunnels I'll go to Countess, her horde can be hard, but a constant static field on the cold immunes and a strong merc are very helpful. (her horde is much harder in an 8 player game though, so it's nice to do her when you are alone)

After countess I'll go to cold plains and follow the path way into the burial grounds. Kill blood raven and go into the crypt, find the chest and kill Bonebreaker, then go to the Mauselmumakjs,dh (dunno the name, but it's an 85 area with NO COLD immunes!)

then of course after bloodraven and countess who is left? Andy!

If your merc is strong enough go do Trav too, there is always one council member w/ cold immune but tele around and keep casting blizzard and they should be easy enough.

Hope that helped

11. ajfish

ajfish IncGamers Member

so i just did anicent tunnles in lost city, not too bad considering that my gear is crap. but i did run into 1 ci sin skin. just so everyone knows. i think he was pi and ci. its all good tho.

12. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

Remember one thing, running Lvl85 Areas takes patience, dont expect something GOOD after 20-30 run...altough I found a IK armor today, and have only done about 30+ runs :rolleyes: :laugh:

13. ajfish

ajfish IncGamers Member

yea i was just gonna ask whats the deal with lvl85 areas cause really im only used to running hell meph (all i ever did). like how are the drops, can they drop everything in the game. i only did about 5 runs just to make sure she could. thx. oh yea what are some other pretty decent lvl85 areas that a pure blizz can do or should i just kinda stay with anicent tunnles cause my gears sux.

14. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

The deal with level 85 areas is that anything and everything can drop there. You must be persistent and patient, but if you are lucky, you can get stuff like Death's Web, Death's Fathom, Tyrael's Might (yeah right!), IKSC, Tal's armour, etc. etc.

Pure Blizz sorcs can only run two level 85 areas which are guaranteed CI free (other than bosses that roll CI). They are the Ancient Tunnels and the Mausoleum.

15. ajfish

ajfish IncGamers Member

wheres the Mausoleum? sorry like i said i never thought about running these places.

16. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Mausoleum is opposite the Crypt at Blood Raven.

My PureBlizz sorc runs the following areas:

- Ancient Tunnels - few CI's (only some bosses,) fairly safe and easy. Alvl 85 (eveything can drop)
    - Pindle - sometimes CI - easy, quick, and usually safe. Most things can drop.
    - Hell Meph (some nice golds,) Hell Andy (jewellery, Gheeds)
    - Mausoleum I'd like to - Sparkly chest, few CI's (some bosses) Alvl 85 (everything can drop)
    - Hell cows - found some nice runes there. Not the best cow runner, but I don't have a CS/LF zon yet.

Hope this helps.