Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best places to find charms?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by [FLS]prozerran, Mar 9, 2004.

1. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

Best places to find charms?

I'm wondering, I've been doing hell andy/meph/pit/shenk/pindle runs with my meteorb sorc and have found all the nice stuff I'm using/storing now, but I don't seem to find many good magic charms (resist all, skillers). Would hell cow be a good place to find charms?

(BTW I'm not talking about gheeds. I've found plenty of them from andy)

2. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

I have found tons in the Pit.

3. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

For resist all GC's, farm Blood Moor, Den of Evil, Cold Plains, Cave level 1 or Burial Grounds in Nightmare difficulty. (Prefix ilvl=35)

For skillers, farm Great Marsh, Flayer Jungle, Arachnid Lair or Spider Cavern in Nightmare difficulty. (Prefix ilvl=50)

These are the area's where you have the best possible chance to get a respective resist all charm or a skiller charm. The ilvl of a specific charm is the minimum level that a monster must have to be able to drop a charm with this prefix. Once you kill higher level monsters, the ilvl is also higher and the chance of getting just a resist all charm or a skiller charm decreases because the prefix pool (prefixes to choose from) increases.

If you want to find skillers with the Vita suffix you have to go higher in level. Suffix ilvl of a "of Vita" GC = 77 (minimum) but since this Suffix is the highest possible, your chances won't decrease if you go higher in level. Level 77 area's are from act2 Hell beyond the Palace Cellars and further up, and the various lvl 85 area's throughout Hell. There are some other area's too, throughout Hell.

4. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Baal for the highest ilvl possible ;) sc and gc for skillers.

5. ayoko

ayoko IncGamers Member

You will find the most charms in the least amount of time from Travincial. Hell Travincial is very tough, but NM can be run very quickly.

6. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

And as you can see it has quite a high chance to find a Resist All Grand Charm. No skillers can be found here though.

7. ayoko

ayoko IncGamers Member

NM Travincial can drop skillers...I have found several there...those guys can drop the same TC as NM Meph (54 I think).

8. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

I want charms for cubing. I have almost 100 pgems now.....

I heard about baal charms being needed for having chance of the best mods (skillers with highest possible amount of life)
    Now i read here hell act2 and beyond ?

can anyone explain this for me?

Should i just go trough upper, lower and bazaar kurast to find the charms for cubing?

9. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

in my opinion there is no place that is specially good on charm droping. Its all depend on luck.

10. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

Well if everywhere has the same chance of dropping charms than logically I would go to an area where I can kill the fastest, thus getting more charms that way.

But where?

11. IceFires

IceFires IncGamers Member

The small charms from baal and nilithank are the only ones that can be spawned with 4 highest elemental dmg mods. (pestilent, hibernal, scorching(?) and arching) At least this was so in 1.09, dunno abt 1.10 though.

12. xKurupT

xKurupT IncGamers Member

WackenOpenAir - that would be because of baals tc of 87 which is the highest as tc of 90 has be chanced to tc of 87.... tc = treasure class... a1 pits in hell should be good as the area level is 85.. so all normal monsters have a tc of 85 and champions and specials have a tc of 87... so any item you find down there would be good for cube recipes as the item level is higher...