Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

best place to level for 90+ characters?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by rata, Sep 10, 2006.

1. rata

rata IncGamers Member

best place to level for 90+ characters?

Hi Folks,

I'm putting this in the noob forum because it's a level question. Since the bots have been nuked it's harder to find baal games to get to higher levels. I have a char that has gotten is midway between 92-93, so I thought of getting to 93 since it's halfway there anyway.

My perception is that meph runs are the fastest, as i tele to dur 3 then kill all the council + meph.

What's your opinion???

:prop:

2. theBizz

theBizz IncGamers Member

Imo 8 players baals are still the best. if you manage to find good telebaal runs, every run will take ~1 min, which is not so bad :wink3:

3. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

hell mephisto is level 87, so meph runs are only for mf-ing

diablo is level 94 and baal level 99, both will give you experience.
    chaos or baal runs with 7 low level chars are the best as long as you are killing fast enough.

4. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

From memory, the neato color-coded table chart on strategy.diabloii.net says that you get more experience chaosing than baaling after level 90.

5. huangfusong

huangfusong IncGamers Member

how can you get to baal so fast? that's one of the reaons i don't run him so much... even with a sorcerss tleporting to the throne room, if the throne room has dangerous monsters you have to back out and fight in. then wait and kill all 5 minions. i usually put players 8 on then and kill baal, which takes a minute or two by itself!

6. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I've found that Hell Pits still gives me decent experience at level 90+, especially in full games. Chaos Sanc is another one of my running spots.

7. rata

rata IncGamers Member

thanks folks!

i usually do meph/diablo, i'll try pits again ( everything dies so easily in there i sometimes forget it's a level 85 area). baal takes way too long..but i'll try to find some telebaal games!:laugh:

8. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

rather then find them why dont you open your own??

9. WebDragon

WebDragon IncGamers Member

When I decided to level from 91 to 93, I began running my own baal games since the character was a very capable lightning sorc. It took quite a while to get to 92, so when I got to 92 I decided to change tactics. I had a friend of mine, who was running a strong hammerdin, run public chaos runs. While he chaosed everyone, I solo'ed baal runs in these full games. Since I wasn't partied with anyone and no one was at the throne with me, the exp was insane. I was getting about 6 to 7 mill per run, as opposed to the usual 1 to 2 mill in 8 player baal runs.

Although it wasn't easy obviously, the character was just overpowered enough to attempt it and suceed most of the time. I also had the luxury of my buddy being in the same game, so if I do die, he can clear my body. I did die a few times, but I was getting so much exp that, with the recovery of my body, I'd lose just 1 run worth of exp. So it wasn't bad.

In about a dozen runs I got catapulted quite far into 92. I continued this until I was just a few mill away, then I switched to baal runs for the last bit of exp.

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I think the Tunnels (L85 area) are an easier place for a sorc (which I assume you are talking about, as you visit Meph as well). Visiting easy targets like Pindle or Eldritch are worth it as well. I'm not sure if the councils are worth doing it. IMO it sounds dangerous for a sorc if you do it solo and for the XP.

11. rata

rata IncGamers Member

lol, you're rite krishan...i was talking about a lite sorc :tongue:

hmmm..i'll run a few baal games, like maplebarb suggested. I never did what webdragon did by running baal in a full player game solo (that sounds tough), but lemme try once in a full chaos game. i got enough es that if it looks like i'm surrounded i got a few secs to exit the game ( i usually don't die because i carry lots of rejuvs, but in this case i'll be extra careful).