Best place to hunt for skillers?

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
NM Mephi and Pindleskin can for sure. NM Andariel I'm not entirely sure about... Arreat Summit lists her as lvl 49, which AFAIK is just one level below what's needed for a skiller...

Sharaz

Diabloii.Net Member
its far greater return on skillers to huntdown pgems while playing. about every 2-3 weeks or so, i have a few mules full of pgems from grabbling in runs, mfing, and trading. once im full, ill take the crap grandcharms that baal runs drop (which are all left on the ground, uncontested), and re-roll them until i get skillers.

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm sure I remember hearing before that act 3 hell is the best place for them. Or maybe it was just the first place that a normal monster can drop them...

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

KnightFall

kmk-soldier

Diabloii.Net Member
dunno about you, but most of the time ive got lucky at hell cows
ive used to find there a few skillers

Elgar

Diabloii.Net Member
skiller prefixes are alvl 50, meaning that the moster that drops the charm must be mlvl 50. If the info about NM andy is correct, then she cant drop a skiller. Normal mosters starting from the marsh in act 3 NM can drop skiller GC's (and those that are dropped can be rerolled into such)

KnightFall said:
I'm sure I remember hearing before that act 3 hell is the best place for them. Or maybe it was just the first place that a normal monster can drop them...

KnightFall
thats a3 nm. =o

if you can get up a good nm cow pubby game, thats the best place to find plain skillers imo. try pits too if you want a chance at some nicer mods.

nm and hell chaos sanc are both good as well.. i found my first like 8 skillers in nm cs. o.0

KnightFall said:

KnightFall
it's act 3 nightmare if i remember right. it has the highest chance to drop skillers because higher level areas can drop higher level mods so your chances go down. it's also good due to the high volume of monsters that are easily killed. the drawback is they can't roll some of the better second mods.

Useratuaer

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont know if this helps you or not but in my days, Ive only found 6 skillers, 1 in nightmare cows 5 in hell cows. 4 were plain 1 had str+ mod the other 14+ life.