Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best place to get yourself going?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Noavailnames, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Noavailnames

Noavailnames IncGamers Member

Best place to get yourself going?

Hey, I just started again after a few years break so I have to get all of my items all over.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to earn things like a Hoto, shako, and enigma.

Currently I'm level 45 and have been running nightmare Countess for runes, but I'm getting crap so I really dont know what to do.

Suggestions?

2. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen IncGamers Member

Re: Best place to get yourself going?

There are plenty of threads about which chars to choose and which areas to run to accumulate wealth.
    However the most effective way to consistently find uniques is to glitch-run bosses repeatedly - you create the game with a char that has done for instance NM Baal and then kill Baal with another char, that hasn't gotten the Baal quest yet. This will cause him to leave his quest-drop every time.

But at this point on the ladder, you can easily accumulate wealth by just collecting PGs and runes for crafting/spirit - these can be sold in packs of 20-50 for medium runes like Pul-Um. Buy some better gear and then move on to collecting Keys and Organsets. This can be a stable source of income, and eventually you will be able to afford Enigmas and the like.
    Or you can glitch rush your mules to the Hellforge and collect the runes it drops - 2 lucky drops of a Gul and you have yourself a legit Vex (ready for a nice selffound HotO).

Try to use the search function to find some of the "get-rich-fast-in-diablo" threads, that are floating around. I have seen at least 3 or 4 of those.

3. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

You need to level up first, Countess in Nightmare doesn't really drop anything interesting. Keep questing until you are done with Nightmare at least. Then you can always do some MF runs there to get the equipment you need to tackle Hell. Runs of NM Mephisto, Andariel and Baal would be plenty.

Once you're ready quest in Hell and complete the game, as Hell is where the real MFing and other types of running occurs. Then you can do a few different things depending on your mood. Do massive MF runs hoping for the good drop or two that will allow you to trade for the items you want, or do Key runs to trade for the same items.

Also, this is from the stickies above:

Building Wealth on the Ladder: A Guide for the Poor and Impoverished