Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best place to get runes/ good items?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Megafusion, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Megafusion

Megafusion IncGamers Member

Best place to get runes/ good items?

Iv been doing countess runes for a couple of days in hell and aint gotten any good runes from her.. best being a shael and i was wondering if there is any other good place beside countess/hellforge to get some runes or good items. Also not including andy and meph runs cause i also do a hell load of those and best item i got was a gheeds.... i got a 75 pally with about 200 mf, and a 85 sorc with like 400-450 mf... thanks..

2. HemeHaci

HemeHaci IncGamers Member

To be honest after taking precautions (mf and correct areas) it is much about chance mate.
    This summer in 1.5 months time I found two hrs (lo and vex) from monster drops not to mention other crazy things I found :p Lol my friend was playing it for years and he never found any hr hehe
    But if you listen to my advice go to act 1 pits since they are high lvl areas with relatively easy monsters, dont forget cows if you can clear them quickly. Always do Andy and Meph (I got a zaka from andy once). Countess is also very recourceful mate. She occasinaly drops hrs but you have to be patient, not that she is gonna drop one every so often :p
    If you have some money to spend buy yourself an infinity and kick Baal's *** too.. (also dont foget Nihlathak)
    Your sorc had good mf she can get good items I can say. :grin: (mine was like 6xx I think)

3. kalvydas

kalvydas IncGamers Member

is any other good place beside countess/hellforge to get some runes or good items

ebay.................lol

If everyone got HR every second run from countes, there wouldnt be any duping, and HRs would be cheap. Every game I join, I run countess so in two years i managed to get 3mals, 1ist (found in arcaine), and 2vex (cubed 4guls). Thats all my legit HRs...
    For items try to run lvl 85 areas: pits. ancient tunnels, chaos sanctuary and WSK. Pits and tunnels are easiest

4. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

For runes, I kill LOADS and LOADS of monsters. Sometimes act5 WSK is a good area with those little fetish. They come in a big pack and the drop from them are always loads when you are in a 8 players game.

5. Megafusion

aright thanks a lot guys.. ill try most of these places that u suggested one more question where are the pits? in stony field or in black marsh??

6. kalvydas

kalvydas IncGamers Member

pits are in tamoe highlands, next to black marsh

and dont try ebay... pixels are not worth real money

7. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Keep in mind that runes are not "magical", so runedrops are not affected by mf. If you only hunt runes, your best bet is killing loads and loads of monsters, so you'd probably be better off ditching mf gear and load up on killing gear.

8. Megafusion

aright thanks again..

9. McCain123

McCain123 IncGamers Member

The best tip about runes is to kill as many monsters as possible, as MF doesn´t influence runedrops, so the cowlevel is a good choice, as there are a lot of stupid cows, waiting to drop a rune one day. I found my only HR ( a Vex ) in Hell Cows, last ladder.

10. malakhai

malakhai IncGamers Member

Yeah, I would have to say Cows, or similar places. Basically any place that your char can safely and quickly maul lots of mobs. The trick is finding a high level place that your build is good at.

Looking at your sorc, I would say cows, but equip better gear if you are going for runes, since the gimpage from the MF doesn't help.

11. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Magic Find has no effect whatsoever on rune drops.

12. Esuna

Esuna IncGamers Member

300 MF is already good enough for most, but I guess it is all about the patience, maybe bring in a mercenary and have her/him geared up with MF to boost that to a higher level?

13. HemeHaci

HemeHaci IncGamers Member

Thats not a convenient way since getting the boss killed by merc is pain :grin: