Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best place to get a 4sox Flail?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by kertin$, May 20, 2005.

1. kertin$

kertin$ IncGamers Member

Best place to get a 4sox Flail?

I thought of hell cows.
    Any better idea? maybee the pit?

If while trying to get that socketable i have almost 200% mf will that make the odds for it do drop too low?

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Don't visit hell mode for that because the flail might get more than 4 sockets then. I suggest to visit normal cows to find an unsocketed one. Flails from L26-39 monsters (or 25-40, not sure, so sticking to 26-39 might be safer :lol: ) will get 4 sockets from Larzuk.

BTW, 4 socket flails might be worth 5 pgems, so if you stumble over one while doing something else, that's fine, but don't take efforts to look specifically for them.

The less MF, the better with respect to finding nonmagical stuff, but MF will help you to find more stuff which you can trade for a 4 socket flail.

3. Elcold

Elcold IncGamers Member

If you find a eth 4 sock, they can be worth a lot to certain players, though looking for gcs is a better way to get rich.

4. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

What realm do you play on? If you play west I could give you one since they're rotting in my stash anyway.

5. Hetchman

Hetchman IncGamers Member

For newer players to the East realm, I'd collect and scrounge up the following to make a few bucks:

Pgems: 40ish of these will get you a Pul rune, the basic currency of the realm. 20ish of the crafting gems (ruby, amethyst, emerald) will get you the same usually.
    crafting runes (amn, Sol, Ral, Thul) 20~pul, 40~Mal
    Archon, dusk shroud, wire fleece, and scarab husk armors with 3 or 4 sockets and 460-500+ defense will get you a decent price

There are other specifics which will fetch you a good price, but those three things are the easiest to collect, with the Pgems and runes being easiest. get a good lightning sorc or a javazon to farm cows with and collect the gems, jewels, and socketables. the price guide will let you know which socketables to collect. Once you get a good flow of currency, you'll be able to fund more characters.

6. kertin$

kertin$ IncGamers Member

I play on Europe :(, but thx for the offer anyway :thumbsup:

On the Europe realm 40 Pgems=um :uhhuh:

What price guide are you talking about? The one for the West realm?
    It seems there isnt any price guide with socketales for europe. You think those prices would be accurate for europe too?

Thx_

7. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

A1nm

At the start of this season I went Andariel hunting in a rather strange fashion. I started in Nightmare Catacombs Level Two but proceeded to kill everything between the waypoint/entrance and the exit/Andy. Though a couple unique rings dropped (one from her but neither Stones of Jordan) what really helped me were the two resist-all grand charms and during the runs I found at least two 4OS flails. Pays to kill three birds with one swing of a Heart of the Oak.