Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best place to find...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by HuD, Aug 11, 2010.

1. HuD

HuD IncGamers Member

Best place to find...

Yo

So I'm trying to gear my fishy's merc with CB to make boss runs faster. Was thinking Obedience (on a Giant Thresher if I can find an eth 5-soc'd) seeing as its the only rw I'm likely to have runes for in the near future. Problem is he then loses leech, which means I need that somewhere else. So does anyone know the best place to try find a Vamp Gaze? Or ideally a website that gives me details on the best places to find certain items. There is a thread somewhere or other around here that does that for more popular items but it didnt include some of the stuff I'm lookin for (Shaftstop for example).

Thanks in advance for the help :)

2. ChrisTheMean

ChrisTheMean IncGamers Member

Re: Best place to find...

Tal Rajas Horadoric Crest is way easier to find and has better LL. Try Hell Meph and Council. GoMule has a drop calc to find drop odds on items. Check the stickies for info if you don't have GoMule.

3. HuD

HuD IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reply. Will start on meph runs.

As for drop calcs I have tried a few and they work fine, only problem being that to find out who has the best drop rate for a particular item, I'd have to run the drop calc on each possible mob, which for a newb like moi who doesn't really know where to start, can be quite daunting. Unless GoMule is easier to use? ie. entering only the item name and getting a list of mobs with respective drop rates returned..

Thanks again

4. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Yes, the dropcalc of GoMule allows you to select the item you're after as well, giving you the probability of all monsters which can drop it. I'd recommend taking a look for yourself, as it is a great muling program, as well as dropcalc. Well worth it, IMO.

5. HuD

HuD IncGamers Member

Lovely, will have a look now.

As for my original prob I just found Rattlecage which has a fraction of the defense of my old armor but gives me CB, woot :D

6. roshen

roshen IncGamers Member

Sawubona. I'll be honest with you, if you MF for a particular item, you'll probably go mad from it's persistent refusal to drop. Your best bet is to run a particular target for a few good items, then trade for what you actually want. This is not to say that you won't find it, but the odds are just that - odds. Just my two cents.

7. HuD

HuD IncGamers Member

Yea you're right tbh.. Its a WoW habit I guess..

Oh well, guess I'll just keep running Meph for a while.

Thanks for the help

8. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

Easiest way to get non weapon leech on your merc is to craft 3% blood helm and or armor. Helm adds deadly strike on top which is nice.

9. HuD

HuD IncGamers Member

Had a look at those crafted items and I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

While I'm here, your thoughts on the best weapon on which to put Obedience? I was keen on Giant Thresher (speed-freak) but since the rw needs 5 sox and the max is 6, I'm gonna have a hard time finding one, so was thinking I'd just try find a normal thresher and Larzuk it. I have a cryptic axe already but like I said I prefer the speed on teh Thresher :p Opinions?

10. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

My opinion is that seeking optimal gear at first is a mistake. You should seek good gear, and leave the optimal stuff for later. Worrying about what's "best" at the point you're at is only going to make finding it far more frustrating and once you have found it you'll have no further goals. Play the game for fun. Once you have gathered some fine equipment, you can start trying to fill voids and look for specialty gear like you 5 socketed ethereal Giant Thresher.

The one thing that has made D2 last 10 years is that there's so much to look for. Don't go trying to find it all over night.

11. HuD

HuD IncGamers Member

True of course.. Doubt I'll ever get everything I want playing SP anyway.

Appreciate the advice :)