..Best place to find Possibly Skill gc rolls

Freezing Rain

Diabloii.Net Member
..Best place to find Possibly Skill gc rolls

Whats the best place to find a GC that has the highest chance to roll a skiller? I'm a bit poor for baal gcs.

ziggy7483

Diabloii.Net Member
I think NM Meph used to be the first place to drop plain +1 skill gc's.

I'f I'm wrong, I'd welcome a correction.

Freezing Rain

Diabloii.Net Member
I see lots of people rolling baal gcs, and i want to know where i can get ones that CAN have +1 skills with +30 or more life. Hopefully not ONLY baal gcs? :(

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
iirc, all hell gcs can get 1 skills/30 life. only baal charms can get 1/45. most champions and bosses can get up to 40.

the best bet imho is to try nm worldstone gc's. they are plentiful and easy to get for plain skillers. also, i always get a bunch of all res charms too.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
to find out exactly, try d2data.net. you can't go wrong with hell baal charms, but it's going to take you a while to get any skiller at all. imho, it's better to go with a low lvl gc with fewer options.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
It's not worth it to go hunting for an Ilvl 50 GC, since the odds for a +skilltab prefix hardly change (from 1:21 to 1: 22.x IIRC). Flayer Jungle would be the area_lvl 50 area with lots of monsters.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Is D2Data correct on these?

RTB said:
It's not worth it to go hunting for an Ilvl 50 GC, since the odds for a +skilltab prefix hardly change (from 1:21 to 1: 22.x IIRC). Flayer Jungle would be the area_lvl 50 area with lots of monsters.
If so, then there are only three prefixes possible above skillers and they all have sub-50 variants in their group. Wasn't the process picking the available groups at an ILvl then deciding which of that group's affixes it gets? That makes +skills that last group, so it should have the same odds everywhere past nightmare Spider Cave/Arachnid Lair/Great Marsh (not including special monsters in Spider Forest and before). I know I'm missing one of those 'little known facts' you're about to remind me of.

Sharaz

Diabloii.Net Member
i only re-roll ilvl 80s-ish and above. what this means for me is, i pretty much only keep them from mephisto, pindle, and i grab all the junk ones that ppl throw down in baal runs.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Ax2Grind said:
If so, then there are only three prefixes possible above skillers and they all have sub-50 variants in their group. Wasn't the process picking the available groups at an ILvl then deciding which of that group's affixes it gets? That makes +skills that last group, so it should have the same odds everywhere past nightmare Spider Cave/Arachnid Lair/Great Marsh (not including special monsters in Spider Forest and before). I know I'm missing one of those 'little known facts' you're about to remind me of.
It's been too long since I've had to remember the technicalities behind affix spawning. I don't remember. But if this is the case, then affixes in smaller groups are more common than those in really big groups, and that's what I seriously doubt. The groups are there to make sure you can't get an excessive amount of one mod, and to reduce the total amount of affixes that can spawn on an item.