Best place to find flawless gems?

viruszero

Diabloii.Net Member
Best place to find flawless gems?

Where is the Best place to find flawless gems easily?

Im doing nm trav runs right now and i get like 1 flawless every 3 games.

Stormie

Diabloii.Net Member
viruszero said:
Where is the Best place to find flawless gems easily?

Im doing nm trav runs right now and i get like 1 flawless every 3 games.
The chances of a gem being flawless are the same everywhere from late Act 1 Nightmare (Cathedral & Catacombs) onwards.. so just go somewhere from there onwards where you can kill as many monsters as quickly as possible - where that is would depend on your character, and what types of monsters cause you difficulty.

"wraith" type monsters (wraiths, ghosts, apparitions, gloams, etc.) have a somewhat higher chance than other types of dropping gems (and jewels, rings, amulets, charms & runes, if you're interested)

AFBrat

Diabloii.Net Member
I find quite a few in Act 5 normal, probably the easiest place to go farming also. Bloody Foothills perhaps?

Zardoz

Diabloii.Net Member
They seem to fall everywhere in hell pretty easy. I've got a mule I keep full for rerolling charms and the occasionally needed ptopaz or pdia.

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
If you are looking for flawless and not perfect you should stay in act 5 normal or act 1 Nightmare. Any further in the game and you seem to pickup more perfects instead of flawless. Unless your upgrading runes I dont know why you are looking for flawless.

JoJeck

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah said:
If you are looking for flawless and not perfect you should stay in act 5 normal or act 1 Nightmare. Any further in the game and you seem to pickup more perfects instead of flawless. Unless your upgrading runes I dont know why you are looking for flawless.
:scratch: Perfect gems don't normally drop in the game, only the Hellforge quest gives them IIRC. Perhaps you are confusing the names?

AFBrat

Diabloii.Net Member
I have seen a perfect gem drop elsewhere but it was extremely rare occurence, I keep thinking it was one of the council in Durance 3 or somesuch, I know it was a named boss of some type. Might have been Izual.

st-hearts

Diabloii.Net Member
AFBrat said:
I have seen a perfect gem drop elsewhere but it was extremely rare occurence, I keep thinking it was one of the council in Durance 3 or somesuch, I know it was a named boss of some type. Might have been Izual.
Might have been a bug...or it might not have happened. Were there other people in your game?

~Hearts~

AFBrat

Diabloii.Net Member
Noone else in the game, I remember being very amazed at it...probably a bug then. It wasn't a situation where I or anyone else had dropped one. Just a strange occurence.

CuteCathy

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm... I personally have never seen a perfect gem drop from any monster, except from the hellforge quest. Maybe it's a temoprary bug on the realm? You are talking about realm game.. or official game (not MOD game), right?

UserMathias

Diabloii.Net Member
Stormie said:
The chances of a gem being flawless are the same everywhere from late Act 1 Nightmare (Cathedral & Catacombs) onwards.. so just go somewhere from there onwards where you can kill as many monsters as quickly as possible - where that is would depend on your character, and what types of monsters cause you difficulty.

"wraith" type monsters (wraiths, ghosts, apparitions, gloams, etc.) have a somewhat higher chance than other types of dropping gems (and jewels, rings, amulets, charms & runes, if you're interested)
most informative thing any1 said so far... tell me, where could you find the most wraiths that can easily be killed? (by a skelly/poisonmancer?)

dang79

Diabloii.Net Member
UserMathias said:
most informative thing any1 said so far... tell me, where could you find the most wraiths that can easily be killed? (by a skelly/poisonmancer?)
Most wraiths can be found in arcane sanctuary of act 2. You will run into Physical Immunes if you are in hell mode though. (I think)

D1ce

Diabloii.Net Member
dang79 said:
Most wraiths can be found in arcane sanctuary of act 2. You will run into Physical Immunes if you are in hell mode though. (I think)
dont forget gloams in world stone :lol:

Jerkazoid

Diabloii.Net Member
only way to have a perfect drop is Forge or Gem shrine. theres gotta be another explanation for bug.. unless this was a long time ago

Stormie

Diabloii.Net Member
dang79 said:
..and if you're killing in the Arcane Sanctuary, make sure you kill them when they're over solid ground - if they're off in space, you won't get a drop from them.

sJw_shan

Diabloii.Net Member
Personally, council runs in the trav have been good for me in getting flawless gems. I get about 1-2 per run, and you can do them fast. Get a melee character like a zealer or barb. Barb is bonus cause find item has potential to drop more flawless. If you had a high dmg character like a hammerdin, even better! Sorc isn't as effective cause there are tons of elemental resistant monsters in that area =(.

nubikoen

Diabloii.Net Member
I have 2 words for you "Nightmare Cows"

Agreed, you probably don't find as many pr. kill ad if you kill gloams etc. BUT..
The nm cows die EASY and there's a shitload of them, I net myself 5-15 pr. run depending on the size of and the number of cows in the oh so secret cow level :)

Happy farming