Best place to find a skiller?

prawncracker

Diabloii.Net Member
There isn't a single best place to find skillers - just pick an area with many monsters. Personally, I prefer running the bloody foothills - other people run the Flayer jungle or cows.

Then there's the difficulty level. If you find it easy to kill monsters at a fast pace, do the runs in hell (skillers here can get up to 40 life).
If you find it a bit hard, do nightmare runs (from Flayer jungle onwards) to get skillers with up to 30 life.
If you decide to hunt for 41 to 45-lifer skillers, you have no option but to do hell Baal, Nilathak and Diablo only

FrozenSolid

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightmare Flayer Jungle is the earliest place where monsters can drop a skiller. I think thats why you have the biggest chance to find them there since the range of prefixes are at the lowest while also containing skillers.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
NM Great Marsh and Flayer Jungle GCs have ~1:22 chance of getting a skill prefix
The worst odds ever on a GC would be hell Baal GCs, at ~1:23 chance.

So, the difference is almost nothing. It's all luck. I found three skillers in one hour at LK runs, then didn't find any at all the next day or so.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
A possible inclusion into the statistical guide

Useratuaer said:
So just wondering stat why where the best place to find a SKill gc is.
Act Three Nightmare (excluding Spider Forest but not Arachnid Lair or Spider Cavern) monsters are first capable of dropping grand charms high enough to attain page skill prefixes, however even hell Baal has only a slightly lower chance to grant such with the possible superior suffixes being extremely valuable. Though they tend to raise the requirement level of said charm, they're practically instantly tradable for other skillers in multiples.

There is no way to control which page for what character a skiller will have, it's all a matter of chance, but with the Horadric Cube recipe to 'reroll' magicals (three perfect gems and a blue item - usually topazes, diamonds and emeralds as the other four have more valuable uses) it's possible to turn a failure into an acceptable keeper or even a rousing success.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
Ax2Grind said:
Act Three Nightmare (excluding Spider Forest but not Arachnid Lair or Spider Cavern) monsters are first capable of dropping grand charms high enough to attain page skill prefixes, however even hell Baal has only a slightly lower chance to grant such with the possible superior suffixes being extremely valuable. Though they tend to raise the requirement level of said charm, they're practically instantly tradable for other skillers in multiples.

There is no way to control which page for what character a skiller will have, it's all a matter of chance, but with the Horadric Cube recipe to 'reroll' magicals (three perfect gems and a blue item - usually topazes, diamonds and emeralds as the other four have more valuable uses) it's possible to turn a failure into an acceptable keeper or even a rousing success.

in my experience, from a trading point of view, the most profitable way to reroll was small charms. think about it this way: there are many many many skill gc's that are worthless and personally unusable and will just take up mule space (druid summoning + 35 life? i got one. any offers? nope.) however, many high level sc's are worth a lot and personally usable (my fave was a shimmering sc of luck, +4/+7.) therefore, you will get more profit out of the same number of rerolls from small gc's than grands. imho, you can buy the same number of skillers with the rerolled small sc's, plus still have some left.

i had a lvl 92 req fire damage small sc that i got some nice offers for but didn't trade out of my nithalak sc biz.