Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best place to find a phase blade?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by kamgr, Jun 24, 2004.

1. kamgr

kamgr IncGamers Member

Best place to find a phase blade?

I think Atma lists the Hell Act 3 Flayer Jungle as the most likely place a phase blade will drop. Before I start to take my sorc into what I consider a very dangerous area, are there any experienced players out there that could offer other area options?

I'm looking to outfit my cookie cutter melee sorc with "passion", and have a few socketing quests saved up for the task.

Thanks!

2. aclockworkprple

aclockworkprple IncGamers Member

I found the 4 socketed phase blade I used in The Pit. If you run it without much MF, you'll get plenty of white and gray items. Much easier to do than act 3. Also, your socketing quests will be uselss for making a 4 socket phase blade found in hell difficulty. Those phase blades will always get 6 sockets, but I dont know if there's a place where phase blades will drop and get 4 sockets when socketed with a quest.

On a side note, if you have the runes for it, get a Kingslayer cryptic sword, instead of a passion phase blade. Kingslayer, as I've stated in a couple rants I posted today (both related to melee sorcs- should be easy to find), is much better than passion for numerous reasons. I'm hoping to get kingslayer on a massive two handed axe for my TITAN sorc I'm building...should be interesting :lol:.

3. kamgr

kamgr IncGamers Member

Thanks for your sage advice and quick response! I think I did see 1 of those rants! I appreciate the advice, I think I will look into utilizing the Kingslayer runeword instead. Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Your first convert

4. himeji

himeji IncGamers Member

Your best bet will be areas where the monsters are slow, not immune to your main attack, enough space to manoeuvre and the highest monster lvl. My blizz sorc only runs the following areas: mephisto, ancient tunnels, river of flame and worldstonekeep if not ci, and cows.

5. Vindictive

Vindictive IncGamers Member

I find the pits the best place to find socketed items, pretty easy, easy to find and alot of monsters that can all drop your phase.

6. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

multiplayer cow level

I found 6 phase blades in 2 runs lol.

7. kamgr

kamgr IncGamers Member

Himeji, Vindictive, fls, and aclock: thank you for the great advice! I'll start the hunt this weekend! Thanks for taking the time to offer your best tips!

8. skymningsdagar

skymningsdagar IncGamers Member

Is The Pit still the go-to zone when you're looking for a PB with sockets? I've been looking for one like a maniac the past few days, but I can't seem to get hold of one... It's not just that I don't find one with 5 sockets, but I don't even find one at all, with or without sockets. I would go to Cow Level, but I'm too weak for those moo-ers right now.

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Cows are best, then L80-83 areas, but they aren't much better than L85 areas like Pits, Tunnels, CS etc., so I would go for the latter. You will probably find more than you ever need while looking for other gear and gaining levels.

To my knowledge, there isn't. If something like cracked phase blades existed, you could fix it with a cube recipe which would set its item level to 1 which would make Larzuk add 4 sockets to it, but IIRC there are no cracked pase blades... which makes sense, as they are indestructible.

You will have to find one with 4 sockets right away (which isn't that hard to achieve) or try the socketing recipe which offers a 1 in 6 chance for 4 sockets.

10. Velkroe

Velkroe IncGamers Member

What is the advantage of a phase blade over just a normal four socket sword?

11. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

Phaseblades are indestructible and swing faster than other swords.

12. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

And therefore, phaseblades are the best choice when base damage isn't much of an issue, like for Grief or (for enchantresses) Passion.

13. NoisemakerArrow

NoisemakerArrow IncGamers Member

Cool, 15 years later. I like that people search before they post.