Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best place for socket armor/weapons ?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by neurro, May 4, 2005.

1. neurro

neurro IncGamers Member

Best place for socket armor/weapons ?

I've been searching for the past three days for a good damage, 4 socket polearm (making Dream), and have yet to find it. I've been primarily doing NM and Hell cow runs, and getting all kinds of sockets, but nothing actually any good (high end socket items). Is there a better place to do this?

2. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

First: off Dream is in helms and shield, not Polearms.

Secondly: in order to get 4 or more open sockets you must be in nightmare and hell.

Third: drop your MF to 0 and you will find far more white and socketed items.

Fourth: the pits (hell) can drop any item class in the game, they can also be great places to MF, but most importantly they drop all item classes thus all socketed high end items can drop there.

Fifth: increase your players setting/players in game it will increase the drops by getting rid of the no drop chance.

3. neurro

neurro IncGamers Member

You lost me on that one. Do you mean like /players 5 or something? I play on USWest Ladder and I was under the impression that that command was only for single player.

Also, the polearm is Insight, not Dream, my mistake.

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

All the /players X setting does is simulate having more players in the game. The /players only works in single, Open, and TCP-IP games.

What I am saying is if you are playing in Bnet play in say Baal runs with 5-7 others doing the Baal run, go and run the pits that way you get a larger amount of drops.

5. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

river of flame is good for nice socketed items

6. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

cows or hell pits are good areas.

remember to have as little mf as possible to find socket items.

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Collosus Voulge is the easiest since even if you don't find a socketed one you can take it to Larzuk for four sockets. The problem with it is the rather high strength requirement of 210. You will have to have some strength enhancing gear for your merc to wear it. Gris' armor should do the trick since you can put perfect sapphires on it for up +30 strength on top of its +20 and it will also give a bonus to defensive auras if you opted to take advantage of the dual healing of meditation and prayer being active at the same time. That way you can use crown of thieves for decent leech.

Hell council runs looks like a good place to find C. Voulges since all the council members have a high chance to drop. If not there I'd recommend hitting the Spider Forest since even the regular enemies have the highest chance of dropping one. I wouldn't really worry about it though. Collosus Voulges drop all over the place in Hell.

I've got an Eth C. Voulge insight for my sorceress' merc and it does more damage than a regular Bone Hew.

8. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

In reply to that last post...

1: It's spelled Colossus Voulge
    2: Hell council drop too much magic items, no whites.
    3: If you're using it for merc, get an ethereal one for 10 less str.req. and 50% more damage...
    4: These drop all the way through hell difficulty, search wherever you want
    5: Don't waste a socket quest on it, use the cube. 50/50 chanse for 4 sockets or 1-3.

Edit: Griswold's armor don't give mercs bonuses, since it says (paladin only). Andariel's Visage comes with up to 30 str, +2all skills (which DOES boost his initial aura) and sweet poison resist. Even lots of life leech. Socket with a good rare jewel with high fire resist, and possibly damage/strenght, depends on needs.