Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Place For Runes

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by apom, Feb 24, 2004.

1. apom

apom IncGamers Member

Best Place For Runes

I am in Hell mode, but was just wondering where the best place was to find runes... (Besides Baal, Meph, and Pindle).. Is Countess any good in v1.10 or no??? Any suggestions?

2. Taft12

Taft12 IncGamers Member

The Hellforge is the best place for a rune but you only get it once. A lot of people rush others and their "payment" is getting the rune from this soulstone quest (there is some trust involved here obviously).

Other than that, most agree that the act 3 jungle provides the best opportunity to kill at a tremendous pace. More deaths = more drops which is all that really matters if you're rune hunting.

3. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

any area really jah from eld minions act5 cham clearing cs in act4

4. steve2677

steve2677 IncGamers Member

HEHE i have been racking my brain trying to find a better place to find runes than countess just cuz shes finicky about what she drops...go go el! Neways if anyone has a good reliable spot and wishes to let the secret out plz! do so:D

5. .EYRIS.ONE.

.EYRIS.ONE. IncGamers Member

if you on ladder, just do countess and keep ALL the runes that drop then upgrade em -.-!!! it'l take for ever but probably better chance of gettin good runes from this -.- at least ...you will get them quicker and theres a chance you might get something nice like vex off countess :)

peace.

6. ayoko

ayoko IncGamers Member

I would imagine that you assembly a WW Barb with an Ethereal Great Poleaxe BOTD, Guardian Angle for 90% max res, Max Battle orders, no cold damage, some Berzerk and Find Item and kill the council in Travincial...then Find item. Rinse & Repeat.

7. stzein

stzein IncGamers Member

Some people say there isn't such a thing as overkill, but if there was it would surely be this. If you have BoTD you're probably not that desperate for runes anyway.

I agree with countess and hellforge as the best sources for runes. If you are up to the challenge, full clears of the worldstone keep +minions +Baal give you a good chance for any item in the game. Not especially good for runes, but if you find a nice item you can trade that for a high rune.

8. tup_tup

tup_tup IncGamers Member

I play act 5 with my Skellymancer for runes. I just start at Bloody and work my way to Baal. Yesterday by the time I got to the end of the Frigid Highlands I had found 2 Sols, 1 Amn, 1 Ko and 1 Cham. I only have 90 mf on him and I found a wizspike, salamanders and rattlegage just walking through the Bloody and Frigid.

9. toader

toader Banned

Im surprised noone has said this yet....or I missed it.

The council thru the travincial WP have the highest chance of any monsters in the game.

10. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

For runes, the Countess is the best. She drops runes approx 80% of the time, and multiple runes approx 30% of that. Generally her drops are low, but I've had streaks where finding shael + not uncommon.

However, she can't drop the big runes. As stated above, Trav is probably yer best bet.

Its pretty random tho - Vex in Pit run, and Gul in Den.

Keep in mind MF% does not affect rune drops. I had 0 mf when Gul dropped.

11. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

those "ghost"- kind of enemyes have the biggest chance of any normal monster to drop runes so clearing the chaos sactuary in act4 would be a good ide.