Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best PK Method in 1.10?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ConnerMacleod, Jan 31, 2004.

?

Viva la Bam or Wildboyz?

1. Viva la Bam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wildboyz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Best PK Method in 1.10?

Ok, some are cheese options, but here's the question:

What have you found to be the most effective method of collecting PK ears? NOT DUELLING! PK only.

Note that use of third party programs to PK are not supported in this poll.

2. mali

mali IncGamers Member

Unfortunately...

Unfortunately the only method in your poll that I'd attempt is the hunt. And really not so effective these days. Sometimes I just enter a game and ask if anyone wants to fight...

3. senji

senji Banned

best one would be a trap tp
    or manual tppk

4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Since you asked for the most effective method, I have no choice but to go with WP exploitation...
    I mean #2 overall on Europe and #3 on East....
    Unless you're going for quantity over quality, then I'd say PA to PK works well, and uber low vs scrawny high.

5. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

I went with the last one - except I'll ellaborate a bit.

PK any time any place any character. Someone annoys you? Hostile. Half the time they'll laugh and try to fight you. I've only ever made a total of 4 proper pvp chars in 1.10 and they used a variety of methods excluding wp/tp tricks. About half of my ears came from my pvm chars who are quite similar to pvpers. I've killed people at the ancients and kill them a second time and then I proceed to kill the last ancient and get the quest. Same deal with Baal and most of the act bosses (Duriel is still the most fun to kill people and then kill him).

I also had one of the first lvl 70+ ears on east (within the first week of ladder I had a lvl 75 ear). That was fun.

Some people are too trusting, others are two clever for their own good. Those are the ones who you get.

6. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

I think I'm four clever for my own good.... :lol:

7. ConnerMacleod

I'm four clever.

Beautiful responses people, keep em coming! I had another option I was gonna put up there, but it's my own personal favorite and it would only give away the surprise.

8. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Nice Poll Conner. I do think some might have misunderstood the original question though...

"What have you found to be the most effective method of collecting PK ears?"

...when a majority have chosen "the Hunt". Sure it's the coolest, most righteus and probably the most personally rewarding way, but saying it's the most effective seems a bit away from the truth.

Nonetheless, nice Poll!

9. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

I don't pk, but I voted for trapped tp/wp because I believe it is the most effective.

I see people take unknown tps all the time, and I have done it a few times. The lag going through can remove the option to exit. The hunt will only get people who are new/overconfident even after given a warning that someone is hunting. The tp/wp trap doesn't give a warning, unless someone already went through it and died!

10. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

I just started a pk character, and I like the hunt. I find the chase to be a lot of fun, even if it doesn't result in an ear. I've gotten five so far. It's a lot of waiting around, but the the action is pretty intense. Sorta like fishing, I guess.

11. ConnerMacleod

Double, very true, originally was meant for most effective. If you don't PK you are welcome to join in the conversation tho! lol

12. Mcsaladshaker

Mcsaladshaker IncGamers Member

Wheres the Uber high vs scrawny low choice?

13. ConnerMacleod

That would be choice number five 'me boy.

14. Toliphar

Toliphar IncGamers Member

Twinking a low lvl character beyond belief and then go for higher lvl characters just has to be the most effective. So many people out there think they can take your lvl 9-12 character just because they're twice your level. Wolf in sheep clothing... It may not be as effective in 1.10 as it was in 1.09 (I have no idea really) but people often stay and fight you when they think they can win (uh, ofcourse :)).

The funniest build I ever made for pk'ing was, and probably always will be, my lvl 9 basher barbs with 5 socketed flails (or imbued etheral flails). So many ears. :D

-Toli

15. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

you guys missed the one thats the most enjoyable.
    the good ole annoyamancer. cast bone walls around melee fighters so they cant escape from the monsters and get killed.... he he he. especially good in cow lvl :xsmile5:

16. SonOfRah

It no longer works now in 1.10 but I'll reveal a method I used in 1.09 to take down "trigger" happy users in the cow level.

I used 3 similar palladin builds. All revolved around a similar setup. All builds used a might merc.

1) Max conc, max fanat, mid-high vigor
    2) max conc, max vigor, mid-high blessed aim
    3) max conc, max blessed aim, mid-high fanat

I simply converted a group of about 5 cows, aura stacked and tp/hostiled. It amazed me at how many trigger users thought I was easy game because I was in the middle of a group of converted cows. Imagine their surprise when they were hostiled (I found alot of triggerzon's had CH disabled whilst they were hostiling) and got killed rather fast from about 5-8 cows.

*Insert evil laugh here*

17. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

lol that has got to be the most ingenious thing i have heard all month...i wish i could think of stuff like that

18. SonOfRah

The scariest thing was watching how fast those cows could run.....converting the monsters of an extra fast boss pack with vigor caused some game desync (teleporting cows anyone??) :D It was a weird, very funny idea that a RL friend of mine thought up that worked rather well.

I've had a few really fun times with my pvm chars and pkers.

My most enjoyable pk in 1.10 has got to be when I was in a pubbie doing NM ancients with a new kickersin. We were a group of 6, down to the last ancient when I reset them via a tp ( I swear it was kinda by accident...). Anyways it really annoyed 2 of them (friends obviously), to the extent that they quickly hit the altar. Keeping a cool head I backed off and sure enough a FE Malac 1 hit killed one of the 2 annoyed guys. Everyone else leaves except for me and a zon, and we restart the ancients.

His friend leaves and rejoins with a barb, meanwhile, me and the zon continue on killing the ancients. We had almost killed the last one when the now hostiled barb reaches the summit, the zon saves and exits and I proceed to kick the barb to death, before killing the last ancient.

The first month of ladder was the most fun for pking/pkking.

19. Mcsaladshaker

Mcsaladshaker IncGamers Member

oops i read that as uber low vs scrawny high ><

20. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

That is hilarious. conversion/hostile should still work now (right?), but not nearly as well since the auras wouldn't 'stick'.

Technically the fastest way to kill other players would be to create cow games for lowbies, and just lure cows to the red tp. With an endless supply of lowbies, this would quickly accumulate deaths (but no ears).