Best Pit Sorc???

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Borlag said:
ah well, I like to separate from the masses :lol:

Maybe I'll start running Vizier (yes just him...), don't ask me why though, haven't decided the answer...other than the improved chance of runedrops...

or then I could just be typing this since I have nothing better to do here at work...so basically I'm getting paid to post :D
I am at work too :p

Grand Vizier? increased chance of runedrops? aeh? your mind must be floating!
You mean Bishibosh right? :D

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
wraith class monsters all have increased chance of runedrops :) Including the ghosts that can be found in the tower, 2nd act etc. And the mana leechers in 4th act.

I've been doing RoF and CS runs for quite some time now because of this very same thing, also both are lvl85 areas and there's Hephasto too who has one of the best chances for a zod :)

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Borlag said:
wraith class monsters all have increased chance of runedrops :) Including the ghosts that can be found in the tower, 2nd act etc. And the mana leechers in 4th act.

I've been doing RoF and CS runs for quite some time now because of this very same thing, also both are lvl85 areas and there's Hephasto too who has one of the best chances for a zod :)
Hmm, hmm CS i am coming! Hephasto stash your club, you are dead!

DoC-Makaveli

Diabloii.Net Member
i like cs... as long as u have res u wont rly die... i like it cuz i kill all the lvl 85 monsters and then i get diablo =D

ferretgod

Diabloii.Net Member
thewoodshed said:
I took an old 1.09 build I had retired (nova orb) and rebuilt her cheap exclusively for Pit running. By doing this there is no rushing a new character and you can use what you have readily available. I used relatively cheap crap to build her. Skills are only level 28 or 29 but that's al you need for killing power down there.

This is a cut and paste from another post I did, so if it is odd in places I apologize.

Here's the build:
1.09 Ptoped Tal's Armor/Belt (15% MF)/Ammy (192% MF)
Ptoped Shako (74% MF)
Chanceguarads (40% MF)
SoJX2 (probably replace with a couple 30% MF Nagels) (for 60% MF)
War Travs (50% MF)
Occy (Mine is isted) (80% MF)
Stormsheild

With your base 100% MF this adds up to 596% From here, it is just trading for SMFC's Once you have 32 of the 7% that is another 224% MF for a total of 820% MF.

A couple of items here:
1) I know you are thinking Tals Armor is expensive. The 1.09 version isn't really that bad, and most want the 1.10. The 1.09 can be had cheap as a result.

2) There are a few things listed that are kind of expensive to most people. Some things to exclude to lessen expense:
a) the Ist in the occy- you don't need it. If you want to socket it, use a 10% MF jewel with a second mod (like a single resist) that can be had cheap. You can later shatter and resocket it with ist if you want.
b) Perfect Travs- get some 40's or there abouts. They are much cheaper.
c) All 7% SMFC's. Use 5% and 6% SMFC's and work your way up. 32X5% SMFC still yeild another 160% MF for you. In many public games these are left unclaimed or sold to Charsi.

3) I also carry an Anni- this is mainly for resists but this can be made up in charm selection or socketing. If needed, get SMFC's with resists as a second mod to make it up.

4) Stormsheild- I use for resists and PDR, but a Um'ed Lidless Wall, Rhyme or Sanctuary would work nicely in it's place to help pump resists.

Even with the shortcuts listed, you are still at 716% MF with base (741 if you use a rhyme sheild), and that's not too shabby.

One note on resists- only my lightning and Fire resists are maxxed. My poison is actually in the negative and my cold is around 40 or so. Don't worry about this thouigh- I have never seen a poison monster in the Pits and if I get wacked with a cold enchant I can teleport away.

A good def Merc (holy freeze) is also a great help but I would work on him after you get some of the other more basic items in place.

One last thing- I use the weapon switch to teleport with, so make sure what ever you put there adds up to 70% + FCR so you hit the first BP on teleport.

Hope that helps.
'shed

What is base 100 % MF ?