Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best pit/cow mf runner

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by shannen, Apr 19, 2008.

1. shannen

shannen IncGamers Member

Best pit/cow mf runner

my first idea was a strafer ama, but please come up with ideas, pref cheap gear reqs ;)

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Best pit/cow mf runner

Obviously, a LF zon for Cows. She can't solo pits without Infinity, however. For Pits, a Strafezon or a Hammerdin do the job.

3. LouisLeGros

LouisLeGros IncGamers Member

Fishymancer does them both well and with a lot cheaper gear then most other builds.

4. solutionx

solutionx IncGamers Member

Fishy necro is solid but slower than other specialized (and more expensive) chars. With cheap gear it's probably the best choice.

5. Gorgrims

Gorgrims IncGamers Member

cow's would be javazon / lightning sorceress, i think.

Pit's -> poison mancer / hammerdin / multi-zon? / summon/ce mancer

6. eseven

eseven IncGamers Member

Fishy would work well since your summons auto attack, etc in the twisting tunnels of the Pits. As Gorgrims stated, poison would work quite well as well as you can just run through spamming nova.

7. razen

razen IncGamers Member

what about in 8 player setting? i found that in that context, it's far too dangerous to have paladins spamming hammers

will javvy be able to take down 8 ppl cow fast enough? or will game drop like on pack number 2?

8. ProfessionalBerg

Tends to drop for me. I am VERY careful not to spam more than 1 LF at a time in player-intense games. Also, I have some difficulties with cows when there are many playes, but I guess she's just not very strong. Around 1.1k average damage (2.2k max).

9. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

Mah singer baboster PWNZ the pits :)

10. Pillz

Pillz IncGamers Member

I have a fishyzon that takes down p8 pits no problem. Cows at lower players is not much of a problem either.

11. razen

razen IncGamers Member

is there any viable char that can clear 8 ppl cow? i have played all the major cookie cutters and none of them seemed to be capable of this "great" task

i remember the first cow game i ever ran when i came back to play, someone said, "only noob run cow games"

i sorta understand what he means now... it's way too difficult in max player setting.

(i guess it wouldn't be so bad but LF drop you so fast in 8 ppl game with or without torch... other none lag skill pretty much don't do enough damage... suggestion?)

12. Pillz

Pillz IncGamers Member

Fully geared light sorcs with an infinity merc can cruise through cows. I'd assume a decked out javazon with an infinity merc could do the same.

13. fauxgtfour

fauxgtfour IncGamers Member

For 8 player cows a strafe/multi zon with maxed valk is my favorite. She can't just stand there and click the button and not die, you do have to pay attention, but it can be done, and once you get the hang of it, its not tough. The big benefit over the java is that you'll never get a CI from her (the only time i did was when two zealots in the game refused to put away their torches).

Gear is a little expensive, but not too bad (not as expensive as a light sorc)

The strafe/multi with maxed valk is nice, with poor gear you can easily run pits still, and chaos solo. Use these runs to build up the wealth (over about 50 runs of pit my girl made about 3hrs worth of finds) and then build up to the nicer gear and the 8 player cow runs.

The big advantages:
    1- never a CI
    2- Cheap gear can easily solo pits quickly
    3- Fun to play!

14. ProfessionalBerg

I wanna pit run now. Damn you.

15. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Regarding CS, I would at least maximize fire and lightning res, else Diablo might kill your zon if you are a bit late with evading his lightning hose or firestorm. Anyway, I agree that a strafer is perfect for that. Just don't use strafe versus Diablo, but GA. A strafer has more than enough skill points to invest a few points into GA, even when maxing penetrate (only if you aren't using Faith). You don't need expensive gear. I'm currently doing pits, cows, CS and WSK+Baal minions with my strafer who has WF+Fortitude, but 1 player pits and cows should also be no problem with a MF armor (like Skullder's) and an upped WWS.

16. plasmo

plasmo IncGamers Member

LF zon, lightning sorc, fishymancer, and Hammerdin are all pretty equal for cows and pits. Who is the absolute fastest will depend on your gear and playing style. The fishymancer needs a powerful merc to get the first few kills before CE; the LF zon and lightning sorc are really helped by Infinity (it's great for the fishymancer, too). Hammerdins don't need mercs, but they can be a little slower in cows if the cows are spread out more rather than in clumps. Enigma is helpful for everyone as well, although the sorc doesn't need it. LF zons can drop the game if they throw too fast and hit too many targets, though, which is why I don't play them at all any more. :cry:

17. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

I guess a Blizzsorc can cut thru cows very well even in 8 player settings, though Blizzard has a rather small AOE compared to other spells. For Pits nothing beats a 8/2 or faster Strafe/Multi zon.

18. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

i believe is the helltorch's Hellfire procs . that drops the game. hmm you could replace the helltorch with someting else in public games, use it if you know you are the only one that will activate the proc in game.

multi/strafe zon sure does clear very fast because of the insane spread of arrows, effectively clearing large section of the map and even screens away.

Fast tele characs would be good too. for reaching pit L2 fast.

19. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If you have let's say L30 LF, each hit will produce up to 31 secondary bolts and with 100% piercing (a must in e.g. cows) and scoring let's say 5 direct hits in a big cow herd, you produce 156 lightning bolts which can also bounce off when hitting a wall. My computer stalls for perhaps 1/10 of a second in such a case and I wouldn't be surprised if it causes a disconnect.

BTW, the monsters in pit L2 isn't better than in L1, there's just 2 or 3 boss packs in a rather small area and a sparkling chest with a rather low maximum TC. However, it might pay off to teleport through the pits, to kill only boss packs.

20. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

That sparkly chest drops ilvl 85 items, though it has a limited TC. It's well possible to score facets, mara's, wisp pjrojectors, etc from it. Just not a lot of elite items. Any exceptional item IIRC.