Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Pally PvP Zealot Setup?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by FiNaLoRgYkKzOn, Feb 5, 2004.

1. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

Best Pally PvP Zealot Setup?

I'm gonna make a PvP Zealot. I don't know anything about Zealots beside Hammerdins. Most important, I'd like to know how much STR and what the best weapon is.

2. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

You can choose to go with no strength and wear and enigma Breast Plate, if you can afford it. The 65-75 str granted from that will be enough, along with some charms and other gear, to boost you to where you can fit stormshield. The best weapon for a zealot is an Ethereal Breath of the Dying Bezerker Axe. If you're going to concentrate on having a lot of elemental damage, then a normal Famine Bezerker Axe is the best choice.

3. ~Maf~

~Maf~ IncGamers Member

"The best weapon for a zealot is an Ethereal Breath of the Dying Bezerker Axe"

Unfortunately many ppl think this and its not true. The best weapon is the unique beserker axe. Ethreal and zod.... this will give higher overall damage when u calculate the ds on it.

71.25 is average ethreal beserker damage.
    perfect botd gives 5 * 71.25 = average 356.25 dam
    perfect deathcleaver ethreal gives 3.8 *71.25 = 270.75 dam

However, deatcleaver adds 66% to final damage.

Still botd has 15%ll, wich is very nice, it boost life and ar with the 30 to all bonus, but you can still make a better pure zealot without it.

Good equipment could be:

Highlords
    1.08 gaze with cham / perfect crown of ages
    ethreal deathcleaver
    chains of honour or leviatahn or damage/life/fhr armor
    raven / raven /rare ring / ll ring
    goreriders
    verdungo / string
    crafted gloves 20ias 6%ll xx dex
    storm / spirit ward?

IN general zealot duels are not so fun anymore, since 1-2 hits will kill you, so the duels are very short :|

4. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

I want some help for gear setup if someone has the time. I'm deciding I want him to be MF, and PvP. So I want alot of gear in his stash for all situations. He will have Shako, GA, HoZ, Exile, BotD Zerker (unless someone has a better weap suggestion), Horizon's Tornado, Skullder's, War Trav, Gore Riders, Raven Frost(2), Dwarf Star(2), Wisp Projector(2), Rare Dual Leech Ring, Mara's, Angelic Ammy, and Ring(2), Verdungo's, SS, Enigma, Dracul's, and Leviathan. I want suggestions mainly on all my equipment, if I should add or take out anything. I know I'm missing alot of important gear. So please comment as you feel necessary.

5. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

technically ur observations on DC and botd are correct..... BUT i see one lil flaw... if the zealot is going to use a highlords and goreriders... then he'll get about 50% deadly strike anyways... and since ur zealing ur probability of getting DS is VERY high.... [even tho its higher with deaths cleaver] so i still think botd is better overall ...... plus it gives 30 to all attributes which is just drool

but id use deaths cleaver anyways cuz it looks so cool

6. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

OK, my previous post was kinda messy, I'm gonna do a little rewording. Basically I want equip help with a MF Zealot, a all around PvP Zealot, a DR Zealot, an Absorb Zealot, and just some more gear that will prepare me for almost all situations.

7. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

"id use deaths cleaver anyways cuz it looks so cool"

Sorry, I don't play ladder, so I don't know what the Unique Bezerker Axe looks like; but wouldn't it look EXACTLY like an ethereal BoTD Zerker Axe? :p

8. ~Maf~

~Maf~ IncGamers Member

"technically ur observations on DC and botd are correct..... BUT i see one lil flaw... if the zealot is going to use a highlords and goreriders... then he'll get about 50% deadly strike anyways... and since ur zealing ur probability of getting DS is VERY high.... [even tho its higher with deaths cleaver] so i still think botd is better overall ...... plus it gives 30 to all attributes which is just drool

but id use deaths cleaver anyways cuz it looks so cool"

I quit zealing after the patch, so correct me if i am wrong :) I think that the best thing to do for a pure pvp zealer is to attain as much DS as possible. Especially in 1.10 where ll is almost useless since any duel against another zealer is over in 1-2 hits.

So when deathcleaver does more damage overall, and when you think of how useless the ll mod is on botd, the only whopping stat on botd left is 30 all atributes. It will give you 90 more life, a few hundred ar and "some" more dam from str. So the question is what the exact ammount of extra damge on deathcleaver is worth compared to this bonnus from botd.

I didnt test this, but my feeling is that damage wins this, since it should be quite a difference.

66 + 35 = 101 DS with cleaver and highlords, so you could use wartravlers instead or switch highlords for a seraphs or something crafted.

For the really rich yoiu could use ethreal LO deathcleaver as well. that would be the ultimate weapon.....and since you win in 1-2 hits you could finish a tour withit even :)

@Final

I think there are guides foir all pala's you describe :xman:

9. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

im working on building a zealot of my own now.

But i take a totally different approach then anyone has done. At least on forums nobody posted it.

Instead Of focusing on Maxing Scarfice. I focused on the two things that all zealots lack.(in pvp)

Defense and Attack Rating. What good is high damage if you never hit anyone? NO good at all.

So instead of wasting 20 points on Sacrfice. Try this.

20 Zeal The extra ar / damge will be very helpful
    20 Fant. AR/ Damge / Ias , whats not to like?
    20 Holyshield . BLocking and Defense

Now up untill now thats been the standard for most zealots. SOme coose to max Sacrfice because it does a "great" 14% more damge per lvl. Big deal If you dont have ar u won't hit. If u dont' have defense, u will die.

So what i did was maxed Defiance and Blesed Aim.

Defiance adds more defense synergie to Holysheild and Aim adds a passive
    5% or 100% if u will attack rating.

THis is only my plan, my zealot is lvl 28 lol.. but my good buddy chris has done this and had success doing so.

As for Gear.

I would stear away from Gaze. It doesn't add anything usefull anymore to a zealot. Sure it gives 25 Dr. But thats about it.
    Go for a Ber'ed Shako = 18%dr + 100+life+mana++2 all skill.

CoH is the right choice now for a zealot. If your like me you want to look your best so i would go with Diamond Mail or Wire Fleece. These both give decent defense and are pleasing to the eye.

Weapons. There are numerous weapons in which still pwn in pvp. Its not just BoTd Zerk.
    Others include.
    those Old School CCSof__ or CmSof____
    Eviseration, Butchery, Swiftness, Quickness, Winter the list goes on . SOcket em with LoLo40/15 ias or max and you got your self a nifty cheap weapon that packs a punch.

Try Etherel Razor's Edge Tomahawk over 200ed. This gives 50 Deadly Strike and 50 Openwounds.

Note on deadly strike. This creates the CHANCE to do double damge. So the closer you get to 100% the more often you do twice your damge. So if your damge is 4000 max and u have 84% Ds(which is posible) You will probably do 8000 damge most of the time. Openwounds Drains the opponents life after you strike them. LIke its friend Deadly STrike it comes on the "chance" to hit Ow.

Etherel B.Star Zod is also a frendly weapon to try. Sure its not as damaging at a BoTd. But it does give decent mods

Famine Zerker. Also a nice idea.

BoTd Zerk / Demonsional Blade. By far probablythe best zealot weapon ( note... this weapon doesnt give Deadly Strike or Openwound, but is made up for that in its Ar / Attribute/ias department. So you cna wear diferent gear.:lol:)

So if you are into deadly strike go for a Cruel Cryptic sword of ___etc....LoLo40/15max or ias. Or toss on a Razor , But if you can afford one pop on a BoTd.

Mr.GoDs

10. Diminished-Soul

Diminished-Soul IncGamers Member

How sweet you mentioned me. :lol:

Omfg I can't believe I posted today...

I was looking and thought a Hand Of Justice Cryptic to be good...
    Or Eth BotD Dimensional Blade...

Don't gib me all ur Eth BotD Zerker/ zerker this zerker that.
    Zerkers own yes, but I am a sword man and wouldn't be caught without one...

11. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

hey chris i mentioned Demionsnal Blade...

lol...

yea i agree. i like the look of swords better then axes.

alot of swords do more damge at a faster rate then axes anyways.,

12. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

Just a question, can't you get Eth PHase Blades by upgrading Eth Dimensional or Crystal Swords? And yes I agree Phase Blades look very cool. If the Eth upgrading thing is true I will use a BotD Phase.

13. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Can't upgrade normal items.

14. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Yeah, that's right. You can't.

15. rebel

rebel IncGamers Member

my 5 centz:

It doensn't exist etheral phaseblades... the are also indestructible....

16. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

Final-whatever it is, don't bother reading cap-**** like that, is right, you can.

They're pretty sweet, too. And if you don't know how to make one by now, you don't deserve one.

17. gzvernon

gzvernon IncGamers Member

Blizzards site doesnt say anything about a cubby recipie to upgrade NORMAL (white or gray) items , just unique & rare items.

18. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

Was referring to just the rare items.

19. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

'I quit zealing after the patch, so correct me if i am wrong I think that the best thing to do for a pure pvp zealer is to attain as much DS as possible. Especially in 1.10 where ll is almost useless since any duel against another zealer is over in 1-2 hits. '

If this is true then why not get an up'ed eth head striker .... ? at lvl 92 it just about breaks 300 max (299) and gives 133 ds