For a bowazon?

Hydra: 10 - 68 (39) Damage, 10 Speed
Ward: 20 - 53 (36.5) Damage, 0 Speed
Crusader: 15 - 63 (39) Damage, 10 Speed
Diamond: 33 - 40 (36.5) Damage, 0 Speed

crawlingdeadman

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Best Non-Zon Bow To Make Faith From

i prefer blade or great since you can find superior ones easily enough and they get 4os with larz... of the ones you mentioned ward or diamond. hydra/crusader is a no go imo.

galzohar

Diabloii.Net Member

Same as in the other thread, calculate the damage/second you would get with different amounts of IAS with each bow and then see how much IAS you actually want to use. Just use the "rogue" option on the attack speed calculator in the german attack speed calculator you can easily find on google.

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=658904

IDownfall

Diabloii.Net Member

I would definately say crusador... same average damage as hydra with lower reqs. and plus the lvl12 fanat... why not use a high damage bow instead of a fast(er) shooting one... unless you are trying to apply some sort of modifyer as quickly as possible. Besides, with 0 ias on gear she wil be hitting very close to 2 times a second anyway, and wearing a clean andy's will get you an 11 frame attack. (plus in the future you may want to make a non zon bow user, and its much easier to make up the extra ias needed on on a non merc char.)

Borje

Banned

The way I see it, the best thing your rouge merc can do for you is shoting those cold arrows to chill the monsters down a bit. So as an answer to IDownfalls statement about applying some sort of effect, Id say, that's what she'll be doing!

go for a -10 base speed bow!

IDownfall

Diabloii.Net Member

My appologies, I should have mentioned that while wearing fort and andy's (i guess typical merc setup) there is only a single frame's difference in attack speed; 11 vs 10, both fast enough imo, might as well go for damage + LL, and easier (I would think) future trading. Now having said that, socket that andy's with a 15 ias jewel, with a -10 bow you hit the fastest (9frame) bp, and you can wear whichever armor you want (I'm thinkin duress... 15 CB 33 OW great hit recovery, not to mention the cold damage, which will in turn stack with freezing arrow giving a freeze longer duration). Good luck!