Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best necro for trang set?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by mythus, Feb 27, 2004.

1. mythus

mythus IncGamers Member

Best necro for trang set?

k, im a complete newb when it comes to necros. i just found trangs complete set in less then 2 hrs of pindles. what should i pump stats and skills to? should i get a blackhand key or arm of leoric?

2. Dark Knight

Dark Knight IncGamers Member

I think poisonmancer is considered the best bet.

However I am a fan of trang-summoners as the minions hold them in place whilst you firewall.

3. mythus

mythus IncGamers Member

well i made a summoner before and, well it didnt turn up to well. will poisonmancer be very effective in hell? if so wut stats and skills do you recommend? i've seen some poisonmancer who cant do anything at all in hell...

4. disci

disci IncGamers Member

How about summoner who use poison too?

I belive you have enough skillpoints for that.

5. mythus

mythus IncGamers Member

im gonna need corpse explo. and psn will suck in hell if i dont fill in its synergys

6. amphreded

amphreded IncGamers Member

yes u would need to max synergys for poison (nova as my choice) for fast kills.

my poisonmancer doing really well in hell. u need at least a good lower resist to break hell's monsters poison immunity. some of them u cant break the immunities with just the curse, then partial trang will be very nice - using trang's wing, glove, and belt will grant u -25% enemy poison resist on the wing, +25% poison dmg on the glove.
    for my poisonmancer, he's a bit poor. he doesnt have trang's wing and he doesnt have a death's web (upto -50% enemy poison resist, which combined with a good lower resist will break most poison immunes). if you're like me, cant afford good pfacets, death's web or partial trang's, use your merc to kill those posion immunes. i let my merc kill them with his breath of dying giant thresher (yes, not the best choice but he attacks fast and almost kills anything in 1-2 blows) and then u can spam corspe explosion. i maxed corspe explosion for this reason. my poisonerco is currently lvl84 and he doesnt have any trouble with anything really. he doesnt even use bramble.
    however, if u intend to use full trang's, i dont recommend using it on poisonmancer. you wouldnt want to use trang's armor since the ideal poisonmancer would be using bramble, and +3p/b helm. but who knows, i never really have full trang so u might wanna try it.

7. mythus

mythus IncGamers Member

k so how about this then. il make a summoner with these points.

str (enough for gear)
    dex (base)
    vital (pump)
    energy (80)

max skeleton
    max skeleton mastery
    20 corpse explo
    1 to summon resist
    NO GOLEM (since skeletons will be my tank)
    1 to amp dmg
    1 to iron maiden

should i pump into anything else or does this sound like an ideal build?

8. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

use your clay golem. You have a point into it and a point into mastery. With +skills that makes him a decent tank that slows enemies, and he has VERY high life.

The poisonecro/summoner varient is quite viable, that was my first 1.10 build. I'm going to redo it now that I have a ladder deaths web :D,

p/s + trang set + dw = necro wrath!!!! mwah hah hah!!! :lol:

9. mythus

mythus IncGamers Member

well can you tell me a bit of skill distribution for that build? btw wuts p/s and dw.

10. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Max block is better than pumping vita, 2 life per 1 vita isn't exactly worth it beyond leftovers from required str for gear and required dex for max block. Just keep those sc's of vita when you find them, I have nearly 200 life from them.

11. Necrochild313

p/s was my abbreviation for poison/skelly

dw=deaths web

my original poisonecro/skelliemancer maxed RS, SM, PD, and PN, with rest into PE.

But as of my newly acquired deaths web I'm going to focus it more on poison than skellies, but it will still be effective either way IMO.

RS 20
    PN 20
    PE 20
    PD 20
    SM 1-rest
    BA 1

Since its been revealed that you actually CAN block with trang set (there was a misconception that you couldn't) I'll be maxing block (lots of dex for the 60% block sheild...ugh...but marrows and the shield give a decent +dex bonus so its not so bad) and using marrows to augment my skeletons/bone armor. It should be a fun build :thumbsup:

my dw has -47% pr and the -25% from my trang shield give -72% poison resistance which is very good, and most of the time I won't have to use LR, so i'll amp away for my skeletons and lvl 1 CE (decent with +skills).

I'll probably use a might merc again, to help my skelly's damage. I might trade for a poisfacet for my dw eventually...which will help out the damage a 'lil bit.

12. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

Building something similar to you Necrochild and loving it. I went with poison first, now going with the skellies. Also put one pt in CG and GM. I haven't got the helm yet, but doing ok with a +2 circlet. Also, haven't got Death's Web, but my wing has a 5 5 facet. Also have 2 more facets waiting for the right equip (-5 +4 and -3 +4). Also use a freeze merc.

Highly recommend this build, very fun.

13. mythus

mythus IncGamers Member

wut wand should i use ? and then il be done asking question. btw necrochild thx alot!

NVM. il try to aquire death webs.

14. Necrochild313

Deaths Web unearthed wand is preferrable for a p/s, but is very, very hard to get ahold of.

So you could do what I did with my original build for just that reason and use an Arm of King Leoric and max out SM instead of a poison synergy, that'll keep you focused on one of two of your strengths (skeletons in this case) while still keeping the other one open for use (your poison nova). You can always go back and rebuild if you find a Deaths Web.

Now, when you get a deaths web, use that and max poison all the way brutha! :D

15. mythus

mythus IncGamers Member

k got u . just one more thing. wuts BA and should i put anything into ce or any curses. i was think LR and AD or even IM for curses

16. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

Death's web is indeed very hard to get ahold of. I use a rare +2 necro with 20 FCR and +1 summon resist, nothing uber but it works. Before that I used a Gravenspine :lol:. The lower resist curse will bail you out most of the time. I also use a gull dagger alot whilst pit running.

17. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

BA is probably bone armor.

For what it's worth I have one pt in CE (HIGHLY useful). I have one pt in each curse except attract. You will learn to love dim vision. Nothing like poisoning poor blind monsters.

18. Necrochild313

BA = bone armor

I wouldn't mess with IM, its pretty useless in hell now that 1.10 has come out, moster hitpoints are ALOT more than the damage they deal. You'll be putting a point into CE anyways, so 1 pt CE and +skills has been proven to still be quite effective. Hot key it.

LR and AD are definitely curses you should strive for, also use decrep (which you'll have anyways) with a 1pt clay golem and golem mastery(which you'll have when investing to get summon resistance) which is proven to be quite effective, and both decrep and clay golem together stop act bosses from doing much else but standing still.

I personally say 1 point into attract doesn't hurt, as you can occupy a group of monsters while still being able to lower resistance/amp them (as attract only "effects" one moster, and is non overrideable, so you can cast LR/AMP on the surrounding monsters) You'll have skellies so that isn't really neccessary, but I end up using those together from time to time so it definitely doesn't hurt. You get dim vision when investing for attract, and that's a godsend against gloams. Use that as well.

As far as stats i'd say

Str - enough for marrowwalks
    Dex -none, or enough for max block (your call)
    Vit -everything else
    Nrg -base

Of course you also have your firewall w/fire mastery with full trangs. Hotkey it, its useful in situations. Like against high resistant poison immunes. Don't forget that LR works with that too!

Overall this build really doesn't have a weakness, as you can deal with physical immunes with amp damage, you can lower resistance stone skin physical immunes and poison nova (as amp damage won't break stoneskin/phys immune...too much phys resistance) and you can firewall the scary high poison immune/stone skin/phys immune bunch.

I've never met a high fire immune/high poisonimmune/stoneskin/phys immune before. I will post a screenshot labeling that monster as a sin against nature when i do. :scared:

19. mythus

mythus IncGamers Member

well... that pretty much covers it all. thank you very much necrochild. i need to get a pair of marrowalks, and then il begin the build. il also need some psn facet. i have tons of light and cold facet, so i bet i can trade some for psn.

20. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

Just to add to Mr. Child's good info, don't forget that Trang's wing adds some nice str and dex. :clap: