Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Mf Spots

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Strider_pt, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Strider_pt

Strider_pt IncGamers Member

Best Mf Spots

Where are the best mf spots? I know that meph is still pretty popular but pindle has decreased in value. I dont know where "the Pit" is and i heard eldrich and shenk are pretty good too. Please help me

2. fiend!

fiend! Banned

The pit is in act 1, tamoe highlands. Take the Outer Cloister wp and follow it out into the highlands, follow a path until you find the pit. All monsters in the pit have good potential so kill all of them.

Do this is hell difficulty only.

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Flayer Jungle Hell FOREVER!!!
    Seriously, my strafezon on ladder with only 34% mf from war travs and laying of hands for demon killing ran flayer jungle hell for 3 days or so and found shako, eth shako, stormshield, marrowalks, Ber rune (from a regular midget), thunderstroke, lem, lum, pul and a 40% gheeds. The monster density there is insane resulting in mass quick kills, almost like 1.09 cows. That and the shaman bosses/champs are bugged in that when they die the flayer underneath them becomes another boss with the same attributes as the shaman that was on top. This means essentially double kills for each boss and potentially a third drop if you use find item on the flayer boss corpse.

4. Dalron

Dalron IncGamers Member

The pit does not have a good chance to drop uniques. Chances are you wont get any uniques run after run. HOWEVER the monsters in there can drop any unique in the game. So if your patient then your luck might be in.

For mid - high uniques meph is quickest (esp for a sorc) but for a strafezon then I agree about the flayer jungle (it's good exp too!) but you wont get the very top end uniques.

5. Malachi

Malachi Banned

If you are softcore, make a cold sorc and run Pindle Hell. He has been very kind to me until he decided to kill my hc sorc. Good exp too.

6. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

Pit monsters are also easy kills, there are 2 levels, the bottom level with at least 2 Boss Packs, and an uber chest.

I made my first ever Pit run in hell last night with about 100% MF and the Hellrack dropped for me. Mega XBow, even mine with only 190% ED and +120% AR. Max damage including the max elemental damage is around 1135. Has 2 sockets as well. That is before my Poizon wields it...

Having said that the monsters are easy kills, just after I picked up Hellrack I went down to level 2 where there was 1 Boss with Conviction and another with LEFE, both together. Ate my merc (with maxed resists I might add and lightning absorb too) and my skellies in no time flat. Then I caught a bolt, my resists ain't that good and I died instantly :)

7. conan

conan IncGamers Member

Here is my "MF" Method lately:

Join any game with say 5 or so ppl usually Baal run games fill very fast.

Take outer Cloister TP and Tele into the Tamoe Highlands, by then its usually 8 ppl in the game.

Follow path to the "Pit" (the path will fork I always take the right fork seems to work better than 1/2 the time)

I tele as fast as i can uncovering the whole 1st level of the pit till i find lvl 2 then tele into lvl 2 to spawn all the monsters in both levels.

This only works of course for a sorc or someone with a tele ammy/staff or in my Zons case "Enigma" armor.

I tp out of lvl 2 and take wp to act 5 frigid highlands, go north a few steps and you encounter "Eldritch" kill him with extreme predjudice collect any loot that looks promising and then travle south into bloody foothills where you will find "Shenk" Smoke him and again collect the loot (if any) Return north a few steps to WP and back to town and ID your stuff, repair, get scrolls ect, go to anya and enter portal Kill Pindle wash rinse repeat.

Then I go to travincal and kill council, only takes a few sec and they sometimes drop something good

If im feeling good I then kill Meph

Finally return to act 1 and outer cloister wp and clear out the Pit lvl 1 and 2
    even if you are alone the monsters are already spawned and the drops are more numerous. This is a lot slower than just making a 1 person game and cleaning out the pit, but I have found a LOT of great stuff that has filled up a few mules and made trading a lot easier

I have done close to 300 Pit (1 person) runs before and done great, but it took 2 days and i wouldnt reccomend it for the faint of heart

Good luck

8. Dalron

Dalron IncGamers Member

I was reading on another thread (cant find it now) that if you spawn the monsters in an 8 player game but then kill them when everyone's gone they still have 8 times the HP but drops are the same as if you are alone. Not sure how accurate that is can anyone confirm?

9. pliu

pliu Banned

I thinks this is true. Because this way it is easy to program. Say if it still drop like 8 ppl in the game, the program (D II engine) have to check the monster life and compare with the base life and recalculate the drop rate after each kill. I dont think blizzard want programing like that.