Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best MF sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Fellwolf, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Fellwolf

Fellwolf IncGamers Member

Best MF sorc

Hey guys, I was thinking of making an MF sorc and I was wondering what the best element (Meteorb, Lightning, etc.) and the best equipment set for said element would be. Thanks much =)

2. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Re: Best MF sorc

Please use the search function, this topic is made about every day.

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=570854

There is the sticky with all the build guides. Cheap builds are blizz sorc and meteorb. The former is best for straight meph runs because it doesn't have anything to kill cold immunes except merc, the latter is good for running just about everything. With mine I did andy, meph and all 3 bosses that drop keys.

3. Fellwolf

Fellwolf IncGamers Member

Can someone tell me if the meteor damage is like 12k, is it the meteor itself that deals that damage or is it the fire that lingers around that dishes out that damage?

4. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Just read the mouseover. it tell you how much the burning on the ground does. The 12k is the actual damage it does when it hits and the burning damage is the amount it burns.

5. Davio

Davio IncGamers Member

Best MF sorc = meteorb with full tal's, magefist and spirit, ali baba + rhyme runeword on weap switch.

Topic can now be closed. :p

6. JadeSelket

JadeSelket Banned

I'm pretty biased towards blizz right now because i just found a bow + crossbow gc, 37 life, ss, tgods, cold gc w/ 7% frw, Gris armor, wartravs, and Hoz and i've only done about 20 runs the whole day (only day with her).

I just run meph.

7. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

@Fellwolf
    As always in D2, "best" MF sorc is a very subjective term - there are a lot of factors that go into determining "best" (What do you want to get from your MF runs? Are you playing on ladder, or elsewise? How good are your items? Do you have patience to do one target really, really well (and repetitively), or do you want freedom to try different targets? What's your favourite brand of cereal? etc.) ... the list is nearly endless.

Without these details, you might as well ask "Which is best: red or green?"

<btw, the answer is clearly "green" :prop:>

There are single-player Blizzsorcs that can do AT runs in ~45 seconds and Meph in ~25 - with 300+ MF... there's no way in hell that a Meteorb can keep up with that pace for both of those targets, and if I had to place money on a competition giving each the same amount of time, I'm pretty sure the Blizzsorc would win without some fantastic luck from the meteorb.

So, by my criteria, Meteorb falls way short of a Blizzsorc... as I said, there's no definitive answer without definitive details.

8. erzk

erzk IncGamers Member

I think the best mf sorc is a hammerdin.

9. handofnaz

handofnaz IncGamers Member

Sorry, I just had to comment, this really made me laugh. :smiley:

Poops is right, different sorcs excel at different things. Blizz rocks for AT, Meph and Pindle, CL/FO is awesome for Countess runs (thanks for the guide, Poops!), TK/FO for LK runs, etc, etc. All depends on what you plan to do.

And as Copilot says, try searching or checking the stickies. I don't believe that a sorc that excels at absolutely everything exists... each variant has its pros and cons.

10. Tiidus

Tiidus IncGamers Member

All sorc r good at diffferent things. But id agree with ezrk, the best mfers would be a hammerdin or a light sorc. mainly coz they can run everything, with quick killing power.

But if your making to target just 1 or 2 area's then this would be a different answer.

11. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

meteorb is only good for poor/untwinked play, sorry to offend all meteorb lovers out there, but infinity lightsorc (never played so this is a guess) and pure blizzsorc (cant run every area in the game, but every boss and at etc) kills really fast and it's just pr0 l33t hax.

12. Jaquiezz

Jaquiezz IncGamers Member

A light sorc with an infinity merc will tear through everything- you encounter very few LI's and those you do your merc handles easily.

Blizz sorces are cute, but can only run a few areas, leaving you bored and wanting more variety. Meteorbs have more flexibility but less speed and power. A light sorc has much more flexibility than a meteorb and depending on the area can be just as fast as a blizzer. However, to be good a light sorc needs an infini, which can be difficult to get for poorer players/NL players.