Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best MF places

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Fickles, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Fickles

Fickles IncGamers Member

Best MF places

i recently made a MF necro out of boredom and was wonder what the best places would be for him to hunt at in Hell.
    lvl: 73 summoner with amp damage and bone spear
    MF: 372

2. djfriesen

djfriesen IncGamers Member

Re: Best MF places

Well, I was going to suggest the Pit/Ancient Tunnels/WSK, until I read that you have Bone Spear. Corpse Explosion is really better for these "area clear" type places, as it tends to wipe out screens worth of enemies very quickly. Unfortunately, I have almost no experience with Bone Spear as I play pure summoners mostly, so I don't know where to send you that's any better.

That being said, if you can get a few points into CE, either by respeccing or leveling up a few times, you could easily run these areas for items. Also, if you have Enigma armor or some other source of teleport (Naj's Puzzler or an amulet with charges), you can run bosses very effectively by teleporting right on top of the boss (This "stacks" your summons on top of the boss, allowing them to all attack the boss at the same time, and is sometimes called "telebombing.").

TL;DR
    If you can get some corpse explosion, do the area level 85 places (The Pit, The Ancient Tunnels, and the Worldstone Keep). If you can get some teleport, you can do basically any boss runs you want.

Hope that helps.

3. shazbot

shazbot IncGamers Member

It shouldn't be too hard to do "area clear" with just one point in CE and a few added in plus skills. When I had a fishymancer, my biggest problem was getting that first corpse to drop to start my chain. But since you have bone spear, you can attack a group of monsters and then when one dies, just CE liberally. I like running Chaos. With puzzler, I tellied straight to the entrance from the river of flame wp. There's a lot of open space inside, so if anything dangerous spawns, you can retreat and throw up a bone wall or something. One thing I don't like about pit/wsk is that the narrow space means sometimes my skeletons got stuck and only one or two were attack at once. Although, you would still be able to do pit/wsk fine since bone spear could go through all those tightly packed enemies. But then you wouldn't be able to employ your skellies as effectively as some place like chaos.

4. djfriesen

djfriesen IncGamers Member

ya, 1 pt in CE will work, it just won't be as effective (or maybe efficient?) as, say, 12-15. 'Sploding whole screen-fuls of baddies is really fun, and oh-so-fast. it's the CE's ability to hurt everything in a certain radius (barring, of course, fi+pi) that makes it so fast for area clears. pair that up with some decent fcr, and you can knock enemies down about as fast as anyone else.

5. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

I do pits for mf and other places like pindle, sheink, open lk superchest, travs, meph, diablo, etc. Those runs really help at times but usually I have not had much luck recently.

6. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

I run the following:

Pindle
    Eldritch
    Shenk
    Threshsocket
    Baal
    Diablo
    trav
    Meph
    Tristram (just for old times sake)
    Pits
    Andy

I hate making new games.

7. Occulus cant be ethereal

Occulus cant be ethereal IncGamers Member

Thats a pretty good order to do it. I also do the key runs too with that along with a Lower Kurast run.

8. Fickles

Fickles IncGamers Member

Well i know i'm alittle late on the replies but to everyone who helped me, i really appreciate it.