Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best MF place for Meteorb Sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by kreality, Apr 20, 2008.

1. kreality

kreality IncGamers Member

Best MF place for Meteorb Sorc?

I did run the Hell Pit but it is really annoying when dealing with Carver and the carver Shaman..These pesky really slow-down my sorc..They keep re-raise the carver and It is not easy to kill the shaman when there are countless Carver, Skeleton and Dark Ranger want my life...basically, I kinda frustrated with Hell Pit.

So Is there any other better place for Meteorb to MF/lvlling?

2. xSammael

xSammael IncGamers Member

Re: Best MF place for Meteorb Sorc?

I just do keyrun+andy+meph with my Meteorb, works really nice:)
    (You just need merc to kill countess)

3. The Demon Slayer

The Demon Slayer IncGamers Member

those are the places i usually mf at. if u can use your merc to kill the bosses, do it because it will give u more mf

4. kreality

I not really going to do full MF...In fact, I more toward to levelling than MF..

5. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Do Baal then. My Meteorb has little trouble running Baal.

In fact, my usual MF route is:

Countess -> Andariel -> [Summoner -> Duriel] (not always) -> Lower Kurast (for Superchests and weapon/armor racks) -> Mephisto -> Eldritch/Shenk -> Nihlathak -> Baal

However, bear in mind that I use full Tal's set with Spirit shield, so you might not be able to do this if you use a uniques combination.

6. kreality

Well..My Sorc isnt luxury at all.

and It might abit difficult for me to do the Baal runs because I just hate the monster randomize in Act 5.

7. eseven

eseven IncGamers Member

I don't remember which post, but it basically said that pit runs are for the REALLY rich who have TONS of time on their hands..which I totally agree with. It has the potential for great drops, but the rate is quite low. I'd stick with keyrunning/meph until gear is good enough for baal running, which imo is more rewarding than pit runs.

8. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Baaling = Pits basically. The main difference is that there is an Act Boss in Baal, but he tends to drop crap anyways (except for those with "TONS of time on their hands" ;). The other difference is that the monsters have lower life and are generally safer to face in the Pits. I'm not saying Baaling is a bad idea, I just don't see it being significantly better than the Pits.

As for the carvers & shamen, why not just equip a Nature's Peace ring for the 'Slain Monsters Rest in Peace' mod? Problem solved.

Edit: If you don't want to switch rings, you can also try putting a 'Gloom' armour on your merc. ctc Dim Vision is a little less reliable, but it's still decent.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  9. Davio

Davio IncGamers Member

I find pit runs to be really tedious because of the constant switching between fireball and frozen orb.

I sometimes dare to face baal, but when I enter the throne room and see red dolls running at me, it's instant s/e. =)

10. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Why would the cravers be problematic? They are relatively easy to kill.

For switching fireball + orb, it's not bad if your hotkeys are conveniently placed.

Anyways, if you want a quick amount of decent items to better gear yourself, I suggest andy, meph, countress, and summoner. All easy targets, and drops are decent.

11. eseven

eseven IncGamers Member

I find baaling better than pits because the super uniques there have a better chance of dropping high quality items (I remember reading that their drop rates, etc were better somewhere..someone confirm this?) Moreover, Baal drops pretty much like Meph for me..unique elite uniques, etc at a regular rate..so it's like a Pit run + improved Meph in one run. I'm not sure I understand your meaning of "drops crap anyways" if he drops at a similar or better rate than the most common mf target, Meph. Therefore, I find the rewards from Baaling>Pits. That's just my experience, though.

12. Davio

Davio IncGamers Member

The best way to actually find anything still is: killing a lot of monsters.

If you increase your MF by 500% the chance of an item dropping from a single monster will only increase by something like 1%.

If you kill 2 monsters instead of 1 with the same MF, the chance of that item dropping will increase by 100% (or something close to that number)!!!

This means: Don't just kill Meph, do the council members too! Don't rush to superchests, whack everyone! You have to look at the bosses as a bonus for all of your hard work.

13. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

When it comes to set/unique items, Baal is definitely not as reliable as Meph. It's not even close, except on high-end items (which are always rare, irregardless of where they drop from).

14. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

I find having 2 different sorcs and first dropping Meph and Baal to be the best option ..

sorc 1 - Tk / Orb - runs Meph , Summoner , Andy , Countess - first Drops Meph

sorc 2 - MeteOrb - runs Meph , Shenk + Eldritch , Pindle , Baal - first Drops Baal

That way you get to change up the scenery a bit if ya get bored running one of the above ...

Edit - BTW - Pits are best run with a summoning necro Imo , and you wont find as many things there as you will hitting one of the Bosses mentioned above ...

15. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

Like Thedarkside I also have a Meteorb, an a TeleOrb. I usually run Countess, Summoner, Andariel and The Pits with the Meteorb. Then I switch to the Teleorb to glitch/MF Mephisto. I also run Ancient Tunnels with the TeleOrb, but just because I want to level her up a bit more. I don't see a problem in running Pits with Meteorb really. In fact I think it's the best sorc to do it. I always keep FBall on the left button and Orb/Meteor/Tele on the Right. Just throw an Orb in the Shaman's direction first, while FBalling any other monsters that com in your direction. Do a fast switch on your hotkeys and teleport closer to the Shaman if you need a better angle of fire. The main Orb should kill the Shamans and the spray can kill the Carver or put them in recover anymation.

16. The Demon Slayer

The Demon Slayer IncGamers Member

Couldn’t u just give the infinity runeword to your merc because it has the conviction aura? The u should be able to kill the countess unless of it has more than 185% cold or fire resistance.

17. ProfessionalBerg

Conviction works at 1/5th of it's full power when breaking immunities. So, 116% is max breakable by Infinity. Most CI monsters have WAY more than that.

18. DiabloLikesMMA

DiabloLikesMMA IncGamers Member

I actually always liked doing Pindle on my runs, Pindle can drop just about every item in the game and is a breeze to kill. I have a fcr hammerdin that I use for key runs and Chaos.

19. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Except that you'll be in a coma by the time you finally find something good.:hang:

20. ProfessionalBerg

I prefer to ignore Pindle and go for Nihla. At least he can drop Dkeys, and on a more regular basis.