Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best mf char?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Demon2k3, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Demon2k3

Demon2k3 IncGamers Member

Best mf char?

What's the best mf char in terms of effectiveness and cost? In mf'ing most bosses not a certain one.

2. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Meteorber would be the best i think.
    Lightning sorc or hammerdin would be better imo, but they are really effective only with infinity and enigma respectively. And since cost was an issue, meteorber blows past these.

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Pure blizz sorc with a strong merc. Mf meph, ancient tunnels or mausoleum. Even pindleskin or hell andariel works (but there are a few items pindle can't drop, and a lot of items andy/meph can't drop.)

4. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

I'd say Meteorb or Blizzballer. Both are relativly cheap and very effiective. I'd also agree that a good Lightning sorc or Hammerdin can easily win out, but not without several high runes worth of runeword gear. Straight Blizzard is also effective, but she is kinda limited in being able to clear everthing (at least solo)

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

The best way to MF isn't to clear everything. If it was, then hammerdins would be about the only MF char people played, since they can kill anything (no monster is PI/MI and not undead or demon).

The best way to MF is running the same bosses over and over and over and over, until you find what you're looking for (we're not counting trading here).

6. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

For Meph, a Blizzard sorc is really effective, she can beat him untvinked, and with out problems.

Overall, I would say Blizzballer or a Meteorb(Considering wealth), but I am interested in seeing what my Fishmancer is going to find for me.

7. BierWiser

BierWiser IncGamers Member

A way to overload yourself with magic find is what I had.
    BARBARIAN. NON-LADDER. These aren't Non-Ladder items, it's just that some items I have for trade are on my Non-Ladder characters.
    Helm: Topaz'd Shako.
    Belt: Goldwrap.
    Rings: 30% Nagels. A Ravenfrost would be needed sometimes.
    Amulet: Viper Torc Amulet. 2 to Barbarian Skills, 48% Magic Find. I still have this, for trade.
    Armor: Archon Enigma.
    Gloves: 40% Chance Guards.
    Boots: War Travelers.
    Weapon: Last Wish Berserker Axe.
    Shield: Stormshield.
    Switch: 2 x 6 Isted Weapons. I still have one, for trade.

MERCENARY.
    My Mercenary was a Defiance Mercenary. I didn't have all the stuff for him, but the best would be a 3 isted Ethereal Tomb Reaver and Ethereal Skullder's Ire. The helmet I used was an ethereal Stealskull. I still have this helmet, for trade.

Other ideas.
    My Barbarian was a pure concentrate Barbarian, but this isn't fast enough to do good runs in caves and other places. He was mainly a boss runner. A whirlwind concentration mix might be better, or pure whirlwind. In this case, Last Wish and Stormshield, Ethereal Breath of the Dying and Stormshield, or Ethereal Breath of the Dying and Beast.