Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best mf-built?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by St_Vitruvius, Jun 14, 2005.

1. St_Vitruvius

St_Vitruvius IncGamers Member

Best mf-built?

Last night I found an eth Skulder's Ire and wondered how to best use all the gear with a of mf-mods, without dieing.. I have both skulder's, Alibaba's, War Traveler, Chance Guard, Goldwrap, a couple of good Nagles and an ammy with a lot of mf. But which built is best suited to use it all at the same time? I thought of a sorc who was supposed to sit back and wait until my pala cleared the way for sorc to deliver the final blow.. But as I've never done much party-mf'ing, I don't know if it'll work..

My main concern is the sorcs very LOW resists and allmost no +skills..

Is there a sorc-built that could be used?

\St_Vitruvius
    - I'm posting this on the pala-forum too..

2. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Sorcs > Palys 100% at MFing so I don't know why you'd post at a Paly Forum.

I suggest a Meteorb sorc. :thumbsup: Good Luck.

- Dennis

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

depends on what your mf goal is. i use a specialized build for meph running only, that also happened to be pretty good for catacomb runs in a1.

mainly, for meph killing, you can have a lot of leeway thanks to switch wep/shield. for example, i use a wiz spike/splendor shield for tp-ing around, and a gull/rhyme for the kill. when i was building up eq in preparation for this, i would use ali baba/rhyme in the catacombs. i also used all res charms, but wiz spike + res quests = positive resists alone.

other places you can sacrifice mf for safety/convenience:
    rings: 25% nagels aren't worth it, imho. i use a 10% fcr rare ring with resists on it to hit the 65% fcr bp with spike/splendor. the other ring is a dwarf star, for hp's and in case bremm's group tries to mess up the moat trick.

amulets: always get skills > mf here. i lucked out and got a 30+% mf rare ammy with +1 sorc.

gloves: only 40% max from perfect chance guards. frostburns or magefists or even trangs will help a lot. ik gloves/mavs gloves for stats. if you use magefists or trangs, you can use a different shield/ring for more protection, e.g. 2 pdiamond mosers, spirit shield, etc.

belt: i broke down and upgraded a goldwrap, but a tgods or arachnid mesh is nice.

overall, if you have a good helm, armor, and switch item, that alone should give you over 300% mf, up to almost 400 with perfect sockets, and you can load up for bear in the other slots.

conversely, if you specialize like me in meph runs, you can sacrifice everything for mf and you only need wiz spike + 20% fcr from anywhere else to give you all the protection you'll need on 80% or more of all meph runs. i'm running meph with around 500% atm, with my protection charms emptied out for more carrying capacity. i die on roughly 1 out of 30 runs, usually from bremm being cold immune or a extra fast boss doll pack on the way.

4. Miladys-Knight

Miladys-Knight IncGamers Member

I like the meteorb for all around ability to MF. It can go anywhere and kill just about any thing except bosses that are dual immune cold/fire. Even then with a good merc and static field these can be done.

My MF sorc is a meteorb with about 65% block. I don't trade much so I usually only use what I find. I survive every where and magic find every where just fine with this gear.

P topaz Shako
    Tancreds ammy (+78 to MF with tancreds boots)
    wiz spike
    Wealth arcon plate
    Dual p Diamond Mosers
    39 chancies
    rare 10 FCR ring with 10 to lit resist and 15 to fire resist, 80 mana and 10 MF.
    Upped gold wrap
    rare 10 FCR ring with 5 lit resist, 10 cold resist, 55 mana and 15 MF
    Tancreds boots

on switch I have a dual mf jeweled ali baba and a rhyme heater.

I also carry a gheeds and a few charms to boost mana life and MF. MOST of my charms are gold find charms. I use the extra gold dropped from all this gear to gamble rings (the 2 listed were both gambles). The gold find is the reason I prefer the Wealth to the Skulders I found.

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i'm surprised you are still using tancreds. the main reason for me not to use tancreds is that you can get skills on the ammy, although i did luck out with war travs/rare ammy with +30 mf.

6. pepperisadog

pepperisadog IncGamers Member

I have level 83 Meteorb sorc with 588% mf that can solo mf meph and andy dying maybe once in 80 games. If you want a look at stats and skills take a look at the meteorb sorc guide (somewhere in a sticky). But here are my items. I have over 1k life 5k mana. I use some mana pots, but its not an issue for me. I have low resists, but A quick hand on teleport, and careful positioning (dodging andies psn while meteoring, moat trick on meph) dodging lightning enchant bolts can assure a safe run.
    Here are my items
    Occy+Lidless(p-diamond)
    Rhyme+gull (for the switch)
    Shako (p-topazed)
    32% war travs not very good but better than nothing
    Skullders (P-Topaz)
    39% Chancies
    2x 29% nagels
    35% mf ammy (Dont have any better)
    goldwrap
    Charms-Charms are key and can make or break a character. For doing Andy runs I suggest lots of psn resist charms or resist all. I have many resist charms as well as mf and life. here are a few examples of charms

33%mf gheeds
    4x4%Mf sc
    3x5%
    110 life total from charms
    I dont have much resist from charms but I am working on it Resist all charms are optimum if you want to mf in multiple areas. If you are just doing andy, get psn mainly and some lightning for the occasion lightning enchant. I hope this helps, if you have any questions pm me *pepperisadog

7. Miladys-Knight

Miladys-Knight IncGamers Member

oddly enough I have a really nice crafted +1 to sorc skills with 15% FCR and 30 to MF but I have no decent MF boots, no good rares and no War travelers at all yet. I survive just fine with the tancreds gear so will stay with the 78 MF until I find something better.

8. Demppa

Demppa IncGamers Member

Isn't Full tal's set better than Occy, shako, skullder's, goldwrap and that mf amu?

9. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

It depends - if you're running bosses so you can switch weapons for the final kill, full Tal isn't optimal (still very good, though). If you need to kill and mf continuously, as in the Pits, Tal is best.