Best Mf build a fishy? or overlord?

jesta23

Diabloii.Net Member
Best Mf build a fishy? or overlord?

Im looking to make a MF necro, but im not sure if a overlord or fishy would work best for this.

ps. the link for the overlord guide is broken in the sticky post, anyone have a link to it?

Lyte_Hammer

Diabloii.Net Member
i kinda went with a combo and it seems to work well i max RS, SM, SM, and CE 1 point in each curse 1 in clay, Revive, and SR and your good to go........ by the way i'm maxin CE last

gvandale

Diabloii.Net Member
I've heard you can have great results with the Fishy build, as it's more then just maxing CE. Taking into account MASSIVE amounts of crushing blow on gear. So I suggest you go to the single player forum to find the fishy build.

I personally use a plain 'ol max warrior / master and poison skills. works well for me.

g

Lyte_Hammer

Diabloii.Net Member
yes i know this gvandale i just didn't want to go into that much detail bein that i already said it was a "combo" meaning i didn't follow either guide to the letter

My friend uses a level 94 poisonmancer with a very strong merc, and he does pit runs and tunnel runs in the snap of a finger.

Found an 8% WF and a SOJ the other day, lucky guy.

SphynxCG

Diabloii.Net Member
plasteredkittylizard said:
IIRC, a Necromancer melee player who stacks obscene amounts of Crushing Blow.
No, a fishymancer is simply a necromancer who maxes SM, RS, and CE. There are many variations as it obviously has many leftover points.

It is named as such after a forum member 'Nightfish' who wrote the guide for it.

niomosy

Diabloii.Net Member
SphynxCG said:
No, a fishymancer is simply a necromancer who maxes SM, RS, and CE. There are many variations as it obviously has many leftover points.

It is named as such after a forum member 'Nightfish' who wrote the guide for it.
True, but his trademarked MF Baal killing method was to grab a good amount of crushing blow + a 6 socket eth eth eth eth shael shael phase blade or such and go to town on Baal.

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
SphynxCG said:
Thanks for the answer. Must have done it before I joined this forum. I was thinking "Which skill is the most fish like?" and it kept me awake wondering :)
By the way: teeth may be the most fish like skill in the game.

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
jesta23 said:
Im looking to make a MF necro, but im not sure if a overlord or fishy would work best for this.

ps. the link for the overlord guide is broken in the sticky post, anyone have a link to it?
Both are good, but I went with Fishy for mine.

Made OverLord just for the purpose of lag.

:drink:

HoS

Beatboxer

A c.e./skele summoner with a might mercenary (which is what the fishy is) is more efficient for mfing than is the overlord.

I apologize for the broken link, all the old gudes are gone and I have to rewrite portions of the Handbook to fix that.

A necromancer is best used for mfing in Hardcore, The safety of skeletons and the power of maxed or near maxed c.e., makess it so. A sorceress is far better, for overall mf, in 1.10. Necro is still great though and can be more fun.

Waht area/areas do you plan to search for items Jest? That can help your decision along a bit as well.

FattyMcGee

Diabloii.Net Member
PiscesIscariot said:
My friend uses a level 94 poisonmancer with a very strong merc, and he does pit runs and tunnel runs in the snap of a finger.

Found an 8% WF and a SOJ the other day, lucky guy.

this is waht I would suggest for mfing non act bosses. If you were planning on meph/andy/baal mf runs, then yea go fishymancer. If you were thinking more pind/eld/shenk/pits/etc, then go poisonmancer :thumbsup:

--fatty