Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best merc gear..?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by bergbusen, Apr 18, 2005.

1. bergbusen

bergbusen IncGamers Member

Best merc gear..?

I have a merc for my hammerdin, with holy freece.
    he uses now. What should is use in between or should i change
    mhe's end game gear. I want a merc that can own. Should i make
    runwords in eth items or normal. The helm and Armor i mean for higher
    defience or is them hard to trade later if i need too sell em.

Helm: Gaze (Dileruim)
    Armor: Shaft (Fortitude)
    Wepon: Home Sundan Upg (Ebotd)

2. jd20pod

jd20pod IncGamers Member

I wouldn't go overboard on merc gear as long as you have maxed resits and a little phys. damage reduction with a decent weapon he will do fine.

my merc does a good amount of killing on his own using naj armor crown of theives and a reapers toll. the only thing that kills him is the IM from the mages in the Chaos san. and in the worldstone keep.

3. bergbusen

yes buts it really funny to have, a friends merc had botd and fort and he did 12 k damag....thas cool--=)

4. ronj

ronj IncGamers Member

My hammerdin does alot of baal runs. I stack crushing blow on my merc, it helps killing baal alot faster

Eth duress (23XX defense)
    Eth upped hone sundan (amn amn shael)
    Guillaume's face (with 40ed/9str jewel)

Botd for a merc is mostly useless, you should have a high level conc so he will already do alot of damage. Use a weapon with a good secondary mod, reaper's toll it quite good for decrep and it's easy to find.

Yes, use eth items, they don't break and have higher dmg/def.

5. jd20pod

jd20pod IncGamers Member

another advantage to reapers and a HF merc with a hammerdin is if you can decrep and chill baal while you and your merc attack he won't tele away you can just stand and trade hits rather than having to run him down spam a few hammers and run again.

6. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Holy Freeze doesn't work on act bosses...and whoever said BOTD was worthless on a merc :rolleyes: Totally wasted when you consider the runes involved but the damage is still sick, as is the IAS. The ultimate merc gear of course depends on what character you are playing, but you can't really go wrong with Shaftstop for the damage reduction. Delerium sounds totally cool too, and for weapon Kelpie Snare/Reaper's Toll/Hone Sundan Yari all ethereal of course.

7. Shr00mtrip

Shr00mtrip IncGamers Member

I'm going to have to say Eth Insight for the wep since the Meditation is all too helpful. Because as a Hammerdin you are constantly spamming hammers and I like the not having to use pots for mana. :thumbsup:

But then again it all depends on your playing style, weather you mf/boss run/rush/ just for fun. I got the Med because I do a LOT of teleporting around looking for stuff and hunting down people on HC. :D

8. bergbusen

Eth duress sounds cheap and really good, And i think delirium is cool so i think i go that way, And homes undan i use now non eth though (Shael/amn/amn).
    With 60 % cb i think it will be ok. Now he has 45% and just ordanary Home sundan doing only 2.2k dmag but he still can make it throuh hell.

I i dont need meditation since when you kill maybe 10 enimies i use redemtion instread, i recovres both life/mana really guivlky.

Thx for all help guys.

9. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

depending on your budget you have a number of options. Personally im a fan of andys visage for mercs helm skills / ias psn res only bad is - fire res but just slap a RAL and your set. Right now on my hammerdin ( defiance merc) i have 2 setups

Setup 1: For group baals

Andys visage
    eth GH Fortitude
    eth CV Infinity

Setup 2: for solo or 2 player baal

blackhorns
    eth WP BOTD
    ETH GH Fortitude

The obvious question always arises why Inifinty on a hammerdin merc? This way i can have 2 auras at once if I happen to be baaling with a sorc/ javazon or trapper. With both setups merc does over 16k dmg and only dies to iron maiden. Ive never liked holyfreeze on merc as I found they shatter too many corpses preventing me from using redmeption

10. chono123

chono123 IncGamers Member

nl

i have eth doom
    eth delerium
    eth coh or eth duress