Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

best merc for wind druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by HaqZombie, Mar 22, 2004.

1. HaqZombie

HaqZombie IncGamers Member

best merc for wind druid

I was wondering what was the best merc for my wind druid. I have not build a druid before and was wondering what works best, and any suggestions you would have would be greatly appreciated

thank you :drink:

2. basvanlola

basvanlola IncGamers Member

I'm using an Act II Prayer mercenary. I had this guy since Normal and I'm doing fine with him (currently lvl 91), he keeps my Oak Sage alive and I hardly ever have to use potions to refill my life bulb.

3. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

You could also go for the trusty Holy freeze mercenary since his aura will further slow down monsters in your hurricane range and also slows monsters well outside your hurricane range.

4. EndTheory

EndTheory IncGamers Member

I second the Freeze merc. Great for crowd control and gives you time to spam canes before the monsters get to you..

5. dereklearnslow

dereklearnslow IncGamers Member

I use a might merc. I thought about choosing HF instead, but it just seems kind of redundant to have 2 freezing sources.

Some people have suggested using an act 1 rouge merc with WWS. I haven't had any luck with rouge mercs though. They take forever to level until around 24-30, they don't do much damage, they can't tank, they just suck IMO. Maybe someone else can better elaborate on the rouges.

I use my bear/wolves + a2 merc to tank and ravens to distract and blind. Works peachy for me.

6. EndTheory

EndTheory IncGamers Member

Might merc seems like a waste as it does not help any of your main characters skills. Defiance and HF are the only options that make much sense to me. Defiance helps keep you alive and HF as i said serves a functional role in terms of giving you time to attack from a distance.

There IS a point to having 2 sources of freeze since HF acts differently than hurricane and can affect a wider range and also effect creatures with cold immune.

Hurricane = cold dmg
    HF - freeze

7. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

I use my wind druid almost exclusively for Diablo runs and have used a HF merc to this point. But since I end up doing most of the tanking, I have considered switching to a Act I merc in order to save me 50-150k in gold per run of iron maiden merc deaths, but I am afraid I do not have the patience. I don't see how anything except HF, defiance or act I merc make any sense...

8. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

if you want a tank, an act 2 might merc with oak sage is it. give him the right leech and dr gear with a decent oak sage, he can stand in a whole muck of monsters and be scratch free.

defiance from normal might be better in some circumstances, ones in which you put a nice ethereal armour and ethereal helm on.

as for act1 rogues, well, my old one from 109 has a shaeld eaglehorn, a lionheart ethereal grt. hauberk, and an ethereal 12% Crown of Thieves with a 40% ed jewel in it.

she never really dies, and she kills decently fast. when i put a WF on her, she can kill players near instantly. She is 95th level with my old necro, he's poison dagger/iron golem/nova/ce build (actually he was able to do 1.10 fine cuz of my odd build back in 109)