Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best merc for MF Blizz Sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Cyanide Koolaid, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Cyanide Koolaid

Cyanide Koolaid Banned

Best merc for MF Blizz Sorc?

:shocked:

Simple as the title people...

2. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

I prefer Insight on a Prayer act 2 normal merc, for gg life and mana regen.

But, some will advocate Infinity, on a Holy Freeze (act2 NM def) or Might (act2 NM off)... only an option if you're rich/duper..

Otherwise, Act5 mercs make better tanks than Act2 mercs, if that's just what you are looking for.

3. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

if you are just planning to run mephisto and use the moat trick, i would say don't bother with a merc as:

a) it will probably die too quickly anyway
    b) a merc causes meph to release charged bolts and his lightning/cold orb thingy and other attacks which may hit you. either that or it will alert some of the council = a pain in the neck

if i find out i run out of mana, i just use a pot, its a lot cheaper to buy a few pots than spend 50K every few runs to resurrect your merc and even then you will spend some money on the pots to keep him alive anyways!

4. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

WHat ioupainmax said about mephi is true.

However if your going to use it for normal mfing in tunnels etc this is what i woul do

Reapers - Huge dmg, croud control, sockets
    Tal rasha/Vampie gaze- Tal if your budget, some extra leech. Vampie for leech and dr. You could also socket some absorp helm or fhr helm or a ias helm, or just socket it was a aias jewel
    Shaft/Treachery. Shaft is nice for life and dr boost. Treachery is awesome for its 45 ias, and above all, once fade triggers, he gets nice res stack, and dr reduction. SO after triggering it id say its better then a shaft.

That setup doesnt cost a lot, a low ed reapers you could probably get for some pg, tal mask for free, and trachery is probably the most expensive. Use a shaft otherwise.

Id say not using insight because it really bums the emrces dmg and ability to take on a croud. While you wont run out of mana, hes getting his *** kicked. A nice reapers with nice dmg, thus leech and nice decripify, which also removes immunes is a yay.

Its easy to get a sorc not needing a insight. Use frosties, invest some in mana, wizzie, shako, lidless/spirit. No need for mana

Edit: also i must ask where u mf, and in how many player games? If you want a true bad *** merc, use infinity, coa, Fortitude.