Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best merc for Frost Zealot?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by FatGuy-LittleCoat, Mar 16, 2005.

1. FatGuy-LittleCoat

FatGuy-LittleCoat Diabloii.Net Member

Best merc for Frost Zealot?

i searched the forum, but couldnt find anything too relavent to my situation.

Ive got a holy freeze zealot, and im wondering which merc would help my build the best. I read kitriara's guide, and figured that the best merc would be one that had a damage type different than mine-which means either act 1 fire, act 3 fire, or act 3 lightning.(ive got an act 3 lightning right now, but i would like to find the best ally for me) Which one of these do you think would be best? or if there is a different merc that would be better, which one?

any help is greatly appreciated. If more info about my build would be helpfull, let me know and ill post more.

If this question has been asked a bunch before, i apologize.

thanks for any help

2. Decebal

Decebal Diabloii.Net Member

Act2 Blessed aim merc! U will need the attack rating from him to land your hits!

Since Frostys depend a lot on crushing blow AR is important to hi!

Try Heavens light +3/2 sockets! Put 2 eth (-% to defense) runes in Heavens + bleesed aim merc (can be hired in Normal or hell) and see how is working!

I always use Blessed aim merc for my Frosty! I think it works great!

/Dec

3. FatGuy-LittleCoat

thanks for the reply.

ive thought about the blessed aim merc, but wasnt sure about it.

ive got a heavens light with the +3/2 soc, but im using a cresent moon phase blade at the moment. Im not sure which one does more dmg in the long run(heavens light with more dmg vs. the phase which is faster), and with the static from the cresent moon, things are going pretty good, but then im only in act 1 hell.

4. Decebal

Decebal Diabloii.Net Member

Crescent Moon might be nice! Haven't tried that yet for a frosty...
    But that weapon is better for a Tesladin imo!

Since u have already a heavens light give it a try! Remember the whole build of a Frosty is build around Crushing Blow! Heavens delievers nice Crushing Blow!

A better weapon would be Stormlash! It has both CB and Static and its FAST! Though it has no + skills...+ skills means a lot of synergy point into HF, resist cold, salvation, and so on...

/Dec

5. FatGuy-LittleCoat

first of all, i dont think you get synergy bonuses from +skills, if thats what you were referring to in the last part there.

and about the weapon, one of the main reasons i was thinking the cresent moon would be good is that i can easily reach a 4 fpa attack(if i was using the attack speed calc right), and the other 2(stormlash and heavens light) would only be at 5 fpa. Now i dont know how much of a difference this makes, cause im not really one that does tests and what not-cause im way too lazy.

6. LordKdog(ik)

LordKdog(ik) Diabloii.Net Member

sup
    I went with a might merc

I have a frosty and he is using Heavens light. Works great.
    But the problem I am having if figuring out how to get to
    63% ias or 5 fps.

Since the wep already comes with 20% on it do I need another 43%
    say 20 helm and 25 gloves(ik set)
    OR
    do I need 63% from other equipement besides the Heaven.
    say 20 helm 20 highloards 25 ik set (not that im using Ik set)

I have tested both out and it doest look like the speed changes at all.
    Anyone help?

later.

7. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

I wouldn't go with an act 3 merc as they stink:( I wouldn't choose an act 1 merc unless you can get your hands on a Faith runeword. Might or Blessed Aim is definitely the way to go.. with Blessed Aim being the better of the two in my opinion.. but it's close.

You don't get synergy bonuses from +skills... although extra points in Holy freeze will increase the damage/radius.

LordKdog: You need 63% IAS from all your gear... weapon included... some skills such as whirlwind, and druid wereform skills only take into account the IAS on the weapon alone... but "ordinary" skills are affected by all sources of IAS on your equipment. The change from 6 to 5 frames should be noticeable... are you sure you've got the right info (maybe your calculator is wrong).