Best merc for cookie cutter zealot?

Zigot_HD

Diabloii.Net Member
Best merc for cookie cutter zealot?

Hi,
I'm building a cookie cuutter zealot ( max : fanat, zeal, sacrifice, holy shield )
and wonder what kind of mercenary is best for this build?

I'm thinking of a hell act 1 rogue merc with :

-Helm : steal skull ( IAS, leech )
-Weapon : Twitchwild strings : ( % cast AMP on striking ) Which is bet to sockets the bow with?
-Armor : Shaftstop/twitchthroe/4 soc 160 IAS

I normally use act 2 merc for my sorc/barb but for this pally build, i think a rogue will benefit from my fanatism and could be helpful to me with her % to cast AMP

Which is better rogue merc : cold, fire or lightning rogue merc?

Thx

Dracoy

Diabloii.Net Member
Zealots arnt exactly cookie cutter characters, but if did want a godly merc, id choose might merc.

Give it a doom cryptix axe, ethereal stone, perf gaze

now u have a cookie cutter merc ^___^

majorB

Diabloii.Net Member
Go with the act 2 defiance merc, his aura will help you both stay alive alot longer. Give him some good equip and along with fanaticism, hell be quite a killer too.

Dracoy

Diabloii.Net Member
Cookie cutter is a char that is overpowered and that everone makes,

hammerdin,bone necro, bliz sorc etc

A zealot is not overpowered it takes good items/lvls/planning to make a zealot good.

twighlight

Diabloii.Net Member
i would say that using a rogue for a zealot merc is a waste, act 2 nm mercenaries are in most cases the best as they give mutualy benifitial auras. Especialy if you are using fana then the mercs dmg will be very good.

I'm not really sure what the fuss about defiance mercenaries is i think they are crap, for my zealot i decided that i would max defiance (as a synergy to holy shield) thus giving me a huge defense bonus on holy shield, around 700%. I still have enough skills to put 15 into sacrifice.

Zigot_HD

Diabloii.Net Member
thx for comments, the way i was understanding cookie cutter is a standard build...
ok i'll get a might merc.. thx
You can close this thread now.

eviljr.

Diabloii.Net Member
i say act 2 defiance merc... gear should b pretty self-xplanitiory, 2 bad i dont now it... buti neds c what kinda weap it can cary but i guess eth perf stone 4 all mercsand derillium 4 all, andeht bonehew 4 this merc, i think it only carriespolearms, i dunno lol

Ryshenron

Diabloii.Net Member
now i know wut vindi was talkin about...u jsut copying wut other ppl are sayin, and i CANT READ UR POST AT ALL!!

holy freeze is my personal fav if u dont need dmg...the slower they are the less they hit u when ur in the middle of a pack, can save ur lief in baal runs in teh middle of all those frenzy lords

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Zigot_HD said:
Hi,
I'm building a cookie cuutter zealot ( max : fanat, zeal, sacrifice, holy shield )
and wonder what kind of mercenary is best for this build?

I'm thinking of a hell act 1 rogue merc with :

-Helm : steal skull ( IAS, leech )
-Weapon : Twitchwild strings : ( % cast AMP on striking ) Which is bet to sockets the bow with?
-Armor : Shaftstop/twitchthroe/4 soc 160 IAS

I normally use act 2 merc for my sorc/barb but for this pally build, i think a rogue will benefit from my fanatism and could be helpful to me with her % to cast AMP

Which is better rogue merc : cold, fire or lightning rogue merc?

Thx
Act2 nightmare merc (might) and nothing but! A melee char needs to kill as quickly as possible to not get slapped around by the new monster damage.