Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best merc for an Enchantress sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by eidotekili, Feb 6, 2004.

1. eidotekili

eidotekili IncGamers Member

Best merc for an Enchantress sorc?

So im making a melee sorc. I plan on using a passion phase blade not a bow although I might keep one on switch. My lvl 35 sorc currently has an act 5 merc, with out that merc i seriously doubt i would've been able to beat normal ancients and baal. So im just curious what you guys think is the best merc for this build?

2. Clicky Pen

Clicky Pen IncGamers Member

Since you're melee, I'd suggest defiance or Holy freeze. Might won't do any good unless your secondary source of damage is purely physical. Blessed aim is redundant since enchant itself gives damn nice AR. Defiance will keep you going longer, while holy freeze will keep things off you longer so you can take 2-3 monsters at a time. Good luck!

3. eidotekili

eidotekili IncGamers Member

hmmm... The act 5 merc keeps things off my back pretty nicely and kills much faster than i do, makes me feel like im the merc for the barb:) but later on i might change to a holy freeze merc. just incase i do decide to keep the act 5 merc what would be the best equiptment for it?

4. banditto1969

banditto1969 IncGamers Member

I personally use an act5 merc too strictly to keep things off me. I tele 1/2 the distance to a mob, then step back and they all land on him like a magnet.

But for an enchantress I would think a might merc would be the right way to go.

5. Mage_Killer

Mage_Killer IncGamers Member

enchantress + might isn't a very good combo because unless you use a high dmg weapon(which will have high WSM resulting in less speed) the might will do good only to the merc, as you want to be using a fast weapon(phaseblade or chu-ko-nus) so you can deliver the most ele dmg per second
    I'd say go holy freeze, monsters will be so slow that they'll take like 2 secs to make an attack anim(they do, i use an enchantress with HF merc)
    If your rich of course you can give a defiance merc an ethereal 'Doom' poleaxe or spear and have holyfreeze and defiance :)