Best merc for a 1 pt smiter, zeal/fanant pally?

WoundedDuck

Diabloii.Net Member
Best merc for a 1 pt smiter, zeal/fanant pally?

I made this guy mostly to try to run uber tristram, but I'd like him to be able to do other stuff too....what's the best merc for the job? Thanks

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Best merc for a 1 pt smiter, zeal/fanant pally?

None. Mercs will just mess up your life. They are stupid (will lure out all 3 bosses at once), and die very quickly.

But in normal game, you have 2 options:

1. A Holy Freeze merc, for crowd control. Equip him with Fort, Andy face and Obedience/Kelpie Snare/Upped Eth Hone Sundan.

2. A Rogue equipped with a Harmony or something like that. It adds a (miniscule) amount of elemental damage, and provides you with a nice Vigor aura.

WoundedDuck

Diabloii.Net Member

thanks for the help

*one more question though...if I was to get a rogue, which one would be best? I was thinking cold but I don't know

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

Cold one is excellent for crowd control. Don't expect them to be the killers, so make them useful elsewhere.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

My zealer has an act one cold merc with

Harmony Great Bow
Treachery Dusk Shroud (the same one I use for prebuff)
Rockstopper.

With this setup, she has max res and 11 frame attacks IIRC. Her damage is small compared to my ~40k per second main attack, but it is comparable to my switch damage - gimmershred, tiamat. All told, she probably (I haven't crunched all the numbers) does 2k per second (mostly elemental). She kills hell packs by herself and really speeds things up when I come up against OKs and PIs.

I recommend giving that a try.

BigManZZZ

Diabloii.Net Member

If I am trying to build a hammering pally (West/Ladder) what is my best Merc.. Act 5 Merc uses what weapon? LVL 74 Pally (NM)...

WHen do I Kill Baal in NM.... and go to HELL.... Thanks in advance