Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Magic Finding Sorceress

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by YamiRiZzLe, Apr 28, 2005.

1. YamiRiZzLe

YamiRiZzLe IncGamers Member

Best Magic Finding Sorceress

I have a horrible sorc build to this post, a blizz/orb/firewall sorc that cannot do anything in hell but andy runs. Im tired of this and need a sorc build that can meph/baal/ whenever wanted too. The sorc I have now wears a Shako, which is p topazed, occulus, which has an ist rune in it, a skullders armor which has a p topaz in it, I get the war travs and cg mixed up in mf percentage, 28%/38% mf chanceguards, 28%/38% mf war travs, a 3 socketed head hunters shield with 3 x ist runes in it, and 2 near perfect nagel rings, 27 and 28 % mf. The only thing is I am using tals ammy, and it helps i guess......But what Im having problems with is killing the bigger bosses, and not having a nice secondary attack, hurts because of the mass cold immunity.

So my question is, What is the best mf sorc, that can compete in the hell meph/baal/pit. I have already read the stickies and I am leaning o nthe energy sorc build, but it doesn't have high mf percentage and I want this sorc to pull the goods.....thanks for reading my post in advance.

2. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Without crazy good gear, I've generally found that other classes are more ideal for the higher levels of Hell. Meteorbers work quite well for specific areas, but few builds knock out bosses faster than Hammerdins. My advice would be to keep your sorc for running Baal NM and Andy Hell and build up some other characters for other purposes.

For instance, I've got a lvl ** poison/skellimancer that rocks in Hell but is very gear dependant so rather than attempt to use him for MFing, I've made him my socketable search guy.

Now if you should happen to get your hands on an infinity polearm and a whole batch of skillers for a sorceress, you may find you don't have many problems in Hell whatsoever.

3. YamiRiZzLe

Pheardut - Infinity Polearm?? Never heard of it.....Is it unique, or a socketable rune word??

4. NewForumBloke

NewForumBloke IncGamers Member

Now i havent used my mf sorc in a while (due to the fact i found out my hammerdin can have 10k and 648+ mf :D ) but i survived hell andy/meph/diablo/baal/etc pretty well with my Chain lightning/ Frozen Orb sorc. Just remember though, mf isnt everything if ur sacrificing needed skills,etc for mf theres no point in it. I usually use shako, Tal armor, belt, ammy, travs, wiz (w/ a resist jewel), ss (with an um), rings vary (nagel, soj, etc) on my switch i had a baba and a ryhme troll nest (though shortly after i found a supieror grim 2 os and i was outta sheal runes... lol). Skillers help a lot too get like 1 or 2 for each of the elements that ud be using, throw on some mf sc's or w/e and BAM! u got one mad meph/diablo/baal killin machine :clap: ! hope this helps you out.

Bloke

5. YamiRiZzLe

newforumbloke - sorta in a way i did and sorta in a way it didn't.....either your tellin me to because a mfin paladin (which is already in the works)

And im guessing that wiz = wizardspike?, ss = shaftstop??, Rhyme Troll Nest??, im still quite new to the current meta....:(

supieror grim 2 os ????

6. SAMTRON

SAMTRON IncGamers Member

ss = stormshield

7. Grumpy Old Wizard

Grumpy Old Wizard IncGamers Member

You tried to use too many skills. Go blizzard/firewall and leave orb out.

Blizzard/Firewall http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=217480

If you go blizzard/firewall chose Glacial Spike as your main synergy instead of Ice Blast. Also, no need to take fire mastery past 10. After that (around level 85) put your points into ice blast to furthur synergize blizzard. I prefer this build to meteor orb because it has much better crowd control (you freeze non CIs.) Being able to freeze them not only makes you safer, it makes you able to easily level your merc. You do need to make sure that you keep your merc leveled.

She can do every run in the game and has no problem at all with Lister's minions (they are frozen ) She kills Baal/Meph almost as fast as a pure blizzard sorc and is more versatile and safer(both of her attacks are long range and she can freeze groups.)

Blizzard/firewall is my favorite build.

Meteor/Orb is the most popular build. http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=254070

GOW

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

The infinity polearm is one of the new runewords. It gives you a lvl 12 conviction aura which reduces maximum resists by 85%. That means if they're not immune it will drop any resist to 15%. Furthermore, it will break weak immunities (resists at 116 and lower). It's very expensive (Ber, Mal, Ber, Ist) and is a pretty badass polearm weapon in it's own right for a merc. Cold sorcs don't even need to max mastery since at level 20 nonimmunes will be at the maximum -resist (-100%). A lightning sorc who can afford it, might want to consider equipping an infinity built from a normal class polearm so she can also benefit from the -lightning resists without the excessive minimum stats requirements.

50% Chance To Cast Level 20 Chain Lightning When You Kill An Enemy
    Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
    +35% Faster Run/Walk
    +255-325% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    -(45-55)% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies)
    40% Chance of Crushing Blow
    Prevent Monster Heal
    0.5-49.5 To Vitality (Based on Character Level)
    30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30 Charges)

9. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

before I took a break and let my characters expire...

I used to make my own games for MF and I'd use more than one character.

I had a meteor/Orb sorceress with Tals full set (Gull Dagger on the switch) who had 400 ish MF who would go kill Mephisto, Shenk, Pindleskin and Eldritch then make her way from WSK2 to the throne clearing out the monsters..

when I got to Baal...she would decimate the first two groups of minions then save and quit.

I'd bring in my blizzardress to kill the other three waves of minions (usually took about 30 seconds)

Then bring back the meteor/Orb girl to finish off Baal.

I just loved to watch Lister melt in a blink to the Icy death ;)