Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Low Lvl Nec Gear?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by L33t., Feb 10, 2004.

1. L33t.

L33t. IncGamers Member

Best Low Lvl Nec Gear?

What in your opinion is the best twinking gear (Lvl1-30+) for a Necro? (Summoner/Venomancer)

2. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

I can give a few options I've used in the past for 1-20 options.

Torch of Iro is ok for level 5, unless you find magical wands with + to whatever skills you want to focus on. Having a wand with minion-raising skills early on is nice and can help save your bacon in tough situations. Otherwise, the Infernal set is the way to go for level 5

Pelta Lunata is ok for shield until you have a good necro head with +skills

Civerbs amulet gives 50% faster mana regen if your having problems by level 9 with that. Eye of Etlich is nice after level 15.

My favorite low level boots/belt are Hsaru's. They offer resists and faster run/walk at level 3, if you have some +strength items to mitigate their requirements. You'll have to forgo the belt if you use the Infernal set.

For rings, the Angelic ones give a nice life bonus at level 12 and regeneration. I think I read somewhere that you can wear two of the rings with the ammy or armor and get the 3-item bonuses.

For armor, socketed breastplates are nice for resists/life/mana. A Stealth (tal-eth) armor is nice in the upper teens for any caster.

Others will post some better stuffs I'm sure. I'm a little spoiled by the uberness of 1.09 poison-arrow ware for low levs that I haven't investigated anything else for a few years. 1.10 removed that nice stacking poison duration feature so I'm in the same boat as you again.

3. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Or just do what everyone else does (if you have it) and use sigon's set. I like to use it at the beginning, only because I need to find some use for it. Otherwise, it just takes up space.

HoS

4. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Yes the 2 rings, amulet and armour of the Angelic set are a great way to get some very good mods at level 12 including +1 skills, +50 Fire resist, over 200 DR, and AR that increases +24 per level, 10 dexterity, 115 life, mana and especially 100% mf :D ... useful if you want find a Gull dagger or other low level stuff.

I like to combine that set up with Signons boots, gloves, shield and belt for a combat characters like my daggermancer where the 75 strength needed is useful later on. The lifeleech, 10 Strength, IAS, resists, defence are excellent.

I am still using that set up with the Signons gloves replaced with Trangs at level 45 in Nightmare.

5. Angst

Angst IncGamers Member

The Infernal set aint too bad either to start out with.

6. Orcin

Orcin IncGamers Member

My level 24 necro is wearing:

Tarnhelm
    Angelic armor, ring, ammy
    Hsarsus set complete (shield, belt, boots)
    Death's gloves
    a lightning resist ring
    a +skills wand (shopped)

Torch of Iro would be ok too, i just didn't have it.

You would be amazed at the resists, mana, life, and other useful bonuses you get out of this combo. The highest level req is the Tarnhelm at 15, and the top strength is 40 I think.

7. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Infernal Tools is awesome to start with.

Later Gravenspine has a sweet +2 allround skills.

At level 30 (or more precisely level 29) Rhyme (Shael Eth) is cool if you can find a two-socket head with relevant skills.

There aren't that many good low-level venom-specific items. Sure there is the Jade Tan Do, but the relevance of the poison damage on it can be discussed. It helps with hitting your enemies though.

I think Wormskull has some relevance as well.