Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Ladder Bowazon Armor

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by BeefChunks, Apr 24, 2005.

1. BeefChunks

BeefChunks IncGamers Member

Best Ladder Bowazon Armor

I was wondering what the best strafe/guided bowazon armor( besides Fortitude) is, since I cant find anything that seems suited for a zon. I was planning on Highlords, Harmony, crafted gloves, ravens, nos coil, andys, and some boots (don't know which yet.) Thanks for any advice.

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

you might want to take a look at lionheart...upped twitch is not bad either
    you can't go wrong with a pair of war travs

3. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

I like Tal Rasha armor since it packs a lot of resist, good def and high MF, and it only needs 84 str to equip. It's also pretty cheap when compared to other high-end armors.

Chains of Honor runeword is better than Tal's but also very expensive.

4. superdave

tals? you can pick up a couple lionhearts for the same price as a single tals....the total resists added are the same and as an added bonus....enhanced dam...+stats and life...can't beat that with a stick...if you are short on ias...use the twitch....socket it with an ias jewel and flip a bird at all the mhers who laff at you for using it.

5. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

If you're consider price as a factor at all , Lionheart can't be beat.

If you don't care about price you've got two options:

a)Offensive: Fortitude= Monster Damage boost, not to mention a slew of other cool mods.

b)Deffensive: Chains of Honor= Monster resists, Damage reduction, +2 skills, not mention a slew of other cool mods.

Then there's the ultimate bowie armor: Twitchthroe. Uber style bonus. :clap:

6. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Tals, Lionheart,Twitch, all good choices. Duriel's Shell is a good choice also. Resists are comparable to Lionheart and Tals. Twitch sucks here. The stats are close to Lion/Twich, Tal's sucks here. Tal's, Dury and Twitch are all socketable (IAS of course) Twitch has the edge and Lionheart loses here big time. This is the only real drawback Lionheart has. Tal's MF is nice, but it won't help you kill anything. The CBF on the Dury is redundant since every bowzon should have a Ravenfrost for at least the AR/dex. All good so far. What others?

Edit. Boy am I a slow poster. But COH, Fort are out of my league :p
    There is no uglier armor than Tal's and Dury is a close second. Twitch is the style. At least you can make RW's out of non-metalic armors.

7. bard

bard IncGamers Member

use Duress rw (ShealUmThul) ... it is like a min-fortitude :)

+40% Faster Hit Recovery
    +10-20% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    Adds 37-133 Cold Damage
    15% Chance of Crushing Blow
    33% Chance of Open Wounds
    +150-200% Enchanced Defense (varies)
    -20% Slower Stamina Drain
    Cold Resist +45%
    Lightning Resist +15%
    Fire Resist +15%
    Poison Resist +15%

8. BeefChunks

Thanks for all the input everyone, I think Im going to use Tals because I dont need any IAS and I want to be able to socket my armor.

9. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

I think Duress is even more powerful than Fortitude for an amazon, especially for strafers that get to the last ias breakpoint. Great resists, Crushing Blow+Open Wounds. Combine this with a Guillames Face and it doesn't matter what bow you use!

10. superdave

crushing blow is severly penalized for missile users(1/8 and 1/16th).....you can run the numbers for yourself...i have and fortitude eats duress for breakfast....keep in mind that crushing blow does not work on INITIAL monster life but remaining life

edit...beefchunks...i would reconsider your armor choice....if you are using harmony you WILL need all the ias you can pack onto your zon...harmony doesn't come with any ias....i have found on my harmony strafers that....a fast shooting(-10) bow like a mat works ok....but a gmb with adequate ias really shines....pile on as much ias as you can....you will want to aim for 9/2...120ias

from your list of chosen items you will get...
    20 highlords
    10 from nos coil
    35 from andies(socketed with fervour)
    gloves??? 0 10 or 20 you didn't give stats

that gives you a range of 65 to 85
    with a mat bow you will be shooting 9/2 but you are 5 ias short of hitting 8/2

by using a fervored twitch(and 20 ias gloves) you are now up to 120 and will be able to shoot 9/2 with the higher damage gmb....you will be doing ALOT more damage with this setup than you could possibly hope to squeeze out of a tals setup

11. garion

garion IncGamers Member

a cheap way to boost IAS would be pairing up sigons boots and gloves

i kept that combo for a whiles

30% IAS
    10% Life Leech

its not bad...for how easy the parts are to aquire (maybe a pgem each?)

dunno about the armor but sure am learning allot throught his thread (will be looking up duress and lionheart)

12. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Unless you are going for a 7 fps setup with a -10 base bow I believe nothing beats Chains of Honor. +65 Resists means huge hell survival when coupled with a few other resistance items and anya quests. +2 all skills is great for a strafe/fury hybrid, +20 str saves more stats for dex, life leech, magic find, etc.

Nothing competes for me on a bowazon, not even the new ladder-only runewords

13. Zigot_HD

Zigot_HD IncGamers Member

"Fortitude"

Gear up with IAS, Knockback and you 'll be good. Don't forget your Valk + Decoy

Zig

14. BeefChunks

Yeah, I am using a matriarcal Harmony (I rolled a good one, 271 +13 ed=284, with +2 bow skills :) ) So I was thinking- 35 helm (andys + ias jewel), 20 gloves, 10 belt, 20 ammy. That would let me reach the breakpoint. And now Im reconsidering Tals armor, thinking of Smoke now, since I could put it in a light armor, and its really cheap.

15. superdave

smoke (or gloom) are nice cheap high resist armours....either would be better than a tals

16. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

Superdave: My ** brand/duress/marrow/guillames strafer always outperforms all the trendy faith/fortitude zons in all monster areas with any number of players in the game. And yes crushing blow is a little less on missiles, they have to make it that way because it is so devastating.

17. Lensor

Lensor Banned

If one wants ias on the armor, a supercheap armor (2-3 pgems I guess) is Spirit Forge: 2os for 2x15 ias, strengthboost, life and +max fireres. It is medium armor though. Not the first choice for any zon, but could be an option for small zons who are very short on currency.. :(
    Just thought I would throw it in there..

18. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Good idea, Spirit Forge also has a hefty amount of fire damage. In 1.09 I had a glass cannon strafer that used a Vamp Gaze along with the Forge, plus elemental charms to create a "defacto" Harmony-zon. Sprirt Forge has the highest life per clvl of any item in the game, IIRC. With the lvl10 vigor r/w speed won't be a problem. Resists might be though. The stacked elemental damage could be awsome.

19. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Dont forget the 160/60 ed/ias 100 life dusk/wyrm/scarab/archon/hauberk :clap:
    (Im a dreamer :lol: ) but ed/ias are not so expensive on ladder now, only problem is finding that armor, ive seen a 4 sock dusk +100 life go for 150 hr on ladder :clap: