Best Irony Every?!?

Johnny

Banned
Re: Best Irony Every?!?

Eh it's moderatly funny. The frauds had nothing to do with his service because the one instance where someone did manage to borrow money in his name it was only because the credit card company did'nt look up the social security number and even in this case he did not have to pay the money because it was an error on their part.

buttershug

Diabloii.Net Member

I like the story of America's Most Wanted phone lines going down the night they did a story on a phone hacker.

but neither case is irony.

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member

I have been waiting for this, it was such a obvious hacker challenge.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member

Still think the best irony ever is Sony BMG getting caught with pirated software on their drives.

Johnny

Banned

What about when that lobbyist against seatbelt laws was killed in a car accident because he did'nt wear his seatbelt?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

I think it would be more ironic if he died because of wearing it.

Tanooki

Diabloii.Net Member

No... that would be the opposite of ironic.

It would be more ironic if the guy who first proposed seatbelt laws died in a car accident because of his seatbelt.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

Hmm, isn't irony somehow its own opposite as well ?

But I admit that my example has a cynical element as well.

Johnny

Banned

It would have been priceless if WildBerry had written that.
Yeah it would. I sometimes bait him with obvious one's like that but he never seems to fall for them. Mostly I just end upp catching Tjej instead and if any fish is a releaser then he is.

Tanooki

Diabloii.Net Member

I think the real problem was the song didn't allow her to get in depth. Take "Rain on your wedding day" line. She probably meant the couple picked a day that was 100% guaranteed to be sunny and it was outdoors with no backup spot in case of rain. And then it goes and rains. But that wouldn't fit.

TjejKast

Banned

"Best Irony Ever"? Probably the fact that all I have to eat right now is chocolate pudding.