best HotO weapon for hammerdin?

Jaster83

Diabloii.Net Member
best HotO weapon for hammerdin?

what's the best weapon to use for HotO for a hammerdin? keeping in mind low str/dex requirements? though low dex prolly aint a big deal considering you'll want max block so dex will go up...

and which would be a better armor, enigma or chains of honor? coh gives 65% resist, as well as +2 skills... and i would think that would be better than the defense bonus enigma grants... of course enigma gives teleport and lotsa str...

also... um, dex adds to life now? from reading some posts i've gotten that impression...

sorry if these are stupid questions, but i just got 1.10 yesterday and haven't played d2 in like almost a year, due to all the hex's and stuff that plagued the end of 1.09.

Killfrenzy

Diabloii.Net Member
well the only 1 hand weapon you can make Hoto in is a flail type weapon. other than that you'd have to use a staff (2 handed).

i recomend a flail. you are not going to be hitting people with it since you're a caster and it has low str/dex requirements

Loboleal

Diabloii.Net Member
Jaster83 said:
which would be a better armor, enigma or chains of honor? coh gives 65% resist, as well as +2 skills... and i would think that would be better than the defense bonus enigma grants... of course enigma gives teleport and lotsa str...
Enigma all the way. You can keep your str at base and wear an Enigma Breast Plate with a few str charms (annihilus included). Resistances shouldn't be a problem for a Paladin.

Jaster83 said:
also... um, dex adds to life now? from reading some posts i've gotten that impression...
No, only vitality adds life, like always. Maybe you've read something like 'more dex means less life': more dex -> less vita -> less life. I don't know, its just a thought :)

FattyMcGee

Diabloii.Net Member
Jaster83 said:
what's the best weapon to use for HotO for a hammerdin? keeping in mind low str/dex requirements? though low dex prolly aint a big deal considering you'll want max block so dex will go up...

and which would be a better armor, enigma or chains of honor? coh gives 65% resist, as well as +2 skills... and i would think that would be better than the defense bonus enigma grants... of course enigma gives teleport and lotsa str...

sorry if these are stupid questions, but i just got 1.10 yesterday and haven't played d2 in like almost a year, due to all the hex's and stuff that plagued the end of 1.09.
1. 4 socket flail (normal item type) is the best way to go. if you're on West ladder, pm me... I have an extra you can have.

2. Enigma all the way

3. dex doesn't add life, vit does as the previous poster explained. However, when people say less dex = more life, they mean that if you spent fewer points in dex, then you'll have more spare stat points to spend in another area, and usually that area is vitality. and vit does = life :thumbsup:

--fatty

Jaster83

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for the info guys, i should dig up the post i read that gave me the dex idea so i know if i'm just a ****** or if he worded it strangely or something.

Nova_442

Diabloii.Net Member
Jaster83 said:
thanks for the info guys, i should dig up the post i read that gave me the dex idea so i know if i'm just a ****** or if he worded it strangely or something.

I see two possibilities here. Either what he was saying was that by having higher dex (and thus blocking) he had more "life" OR by getting dex from items, he was able to put more points into vitality (instead of the dex), and thus get more life.

I think it's the latter.