Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best helmet for pvp bowazon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by yuqing, May 24, 2005.

1. yuqing

yuqing IncGamers Member

Best helmet for pvp bowazon?

so as the titel states im having a problem deciding which helmet to use for a pvp bowazon (fort, faith same old same old)

i'm rich but extreamly rich, like, i can afford the nessecarys but dont come suggesting some 200 life helmet with 3 40-15s

A friend told me to use giant skulls, some say use dream, but i would feel better with advice from the experts.

thx

2. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Did you check the build suggestions in the guides, here?

There are 3 PvP guides that may help you.

3. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

Here are some viable zon helms for PVP:

Giant Skull - This can be a great helm with faith/fort. KB extra STR and the 2 socs are nice mods. Beware if your using a faith GMB though, You'll need to use every other ias item possible in order to hit the 7 fps faiths were created for.

Vampire Gaze - If your going for ZvZ or a low str build, this can be a great helm having up to 20 dr. I wouldn't use this with a faith GMB though, since you can't hit 7 frames.

Andariels Visage - Use this helm mainly for the 45% ias. It also provides some other nice mods.

Mavinas Diadem - Although I don't play ladder, I've seen many people wanting/suggesting these if you cant afford 120/45s (or don't want to use dupes).

Shako - Many of the top zons on EAST SC NL say that this is the best helm for a PvP zon. It provides huge life and mana (for multispam) as well as DR and +2 to all skills to increase your passives. Similar to the vamp though, It cant hit 7 frames with a faith GMB.

Rare/Magical Circlets - These can spawn with many usefull mods for a bowazon. Some godly rares are REALLY godly. But be aware that rare circlets can only have 30ias.

Dream - I don't really know much about this helm. But my opinion is that this helm won't help on a PvP bowa. 1k lightning damage really isnt much. I don't think it has IAS either.

Kiras - I've seen a few ZvA zons use this. It can help push those - res up and add to FHR. It can also free up a slot for a stat ring. Sadly, though, you can't hit 7 frames using a GMB with this either.

Crown Of Ages - This helm works perefectly with steelrends. But not so perfectly with a faith. I used this combo before on my NL zon and it worked pretty well.

I might have missed something but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. GL with that zon, and remember, it's about personal preference :D .

4. MjolnirY

MjolnirY IncGamers Member

Nice tiara with 3 soc+30frw, put 3 jools in 120/45 that's rock but very expensive

5. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

CoA socketed with ed/ias would work perfectly, but considering the amount of str required which can easily be gained from enigma, but people seem to like faith/fort combo, which lacks in str. next best thing is gaint skull with ed/ias

6. SlainByPain

Yeah, this would probably be the best helm for a bowa. But he said he didn't want to use 120/45s.

One thing about the massive str req on COA is that it can be made up by using a steelrends = 60% ed.

7. MjolnirY

MjolnirY IncGamers Member

to give idea: I got for mine tiara arround 20 hr without jools ofc.

8. SlainByPain

Only 20 hr? nice!

9. dirty.scorpion

dirty.scorpion Banned

best choices (exept 3x40/15) what ive seen are mavina's diadem(using myself with 29/15 jewel inside) and the 2nd best is dream..giant skull aint that good,cuz u can get knockback from gloves easily

10. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

All found/cubed by himself of course

11. SlainByPain

Why is dream good for a bowazon?

12. IN_FLAMES

IN_FLAMES Banned

Shako with a 40-15 max, CoA with 2x 40-15 Max.

On my old PvP bowa I used a VoS (Veil of Steel) with a 40-15 ias in it and it worked great. +50 resists and good stats on it help alot.

13. mewizard4321

mewizard4321 IncGamers Member

There are 2 bowazon helms I think that are exceptionally good

1) 2 socket giant skull socketed with 2 ko runes or 2 p emeralds

2) 70% resist kira with socketed with a sheal rune

1) First lets take a look at the giant skull.

Why the giant skull. Simply for the Kb. Why the ko's or p-emeralds. Simply for the +20 dexerity that will allow your arrows to produce more damage and increase your attack rating.

KB adds up. For each Kb item you have a 33% chance to have a knockback effect.

So if you use Windforce which has kb, 20 ias kb gloves, and giant skull you get:

33% + 33% +33% = 99% KB!!!!!! That is just insanely sick!!!!

Or if you use 20 ias kb gloves + giant skull + faith bow

33% + 33% = 66% KB!!! still very very very good.

Kb is insanely sick and will hurt casters like the sorceress, elemental druid, hammerdin (and any other characeter for that matter) by slowing them down, knocking them back, keeping them away from you and placing them in a stun recovery animation lock.

It is also very effective at keeping those chargers/smiters awayby knocking them back, since I find they are the only characters that can effectively get in close/fast enough to kill a bowazon.

If you can reach the 7 max frames of guided arrow then giant skull with kb gloves becomes your bread and butter.

If you ever been hit by a kb zon then you will know what I am talking about.

In addition giant skull also has 10% crushing blow, 25 to 35 str mod that can spawn and high defense.

2) Why the kira's with sheal; simply for the resists and the ability to recover faster if you are hit by an attack. It also has a nice cannot be frozen mod which can allow you to sub out a raven frost ring and replace it with another ring of your choice.

Some people may say oh giant skull sucks because you lack resists but if you think about it a bowazon doesn't really need resists. She has passive skills that can avoid enemies missles and melee attacks. She can use ranged missles at distance and be safe from enemy ranged attacks. So If you got the cash I strongly recommend you go out and get this helm. You will not be disappointed.

14. luiccn

luiccn IncGamers Member

??

Hi,

What is the meaning of "hr" and of "df", i see much games asking 4 that items.

ty, Luiz

15. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

I dont think that giant skull is such a good choice, yeah it has 2 sockets but hey coa has 2 sockets too, and while giant has 35 str this one has 30 resistances which is way better, but what really makes it better is the 15% damage reduced that is never to be overlooked. Also about the knocback instead of using steelrends which are really not that necessary if you have faith/forth because you already have a a lot of % ed from fanaticism aura. Thus you should use +2 passive knockback gloves with other stats.

16. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

hr is a high rune (I'm not sure exactly the definition of whats high and whats not, since this is mostly a nonladder/sc term, as there are not as many duped high runes on ladder, so things dont go for many many "hr's", but I'd say anything ist+ is a high rune.

df... hmm, I dont know... dragon flight... I dont know what df is, sorry.

-Matt

17. SlainByPain

The problem with coa is its massive str req (174), so you would acutually lose alot more damage than you think. I suggested coa with rends because you gain 60 ed, which can make up for the loss of dex.

18. disc

disc IncGamers Member

i agree kb is an excelent mod for a bowazon, most useful against palas but still useful against casters too. regarding kiras i cant see much of a use, the cbf mod is wasted as raven is THE ring for a bowazon, i wouldnt substitute raven for any other ring. this should be glued to any bowas hand. the res on kiras is nice but for general dueling its gonna stay in the stash rather than be on the head

19. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Deaths Fathom.

ON-T: ed/ias seems the best. In a +life circ , a 30frw circ or a +dex circ, depending on your build.

HoD

20. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

well that depends, i never put more than the necessary for 75 block on dex, so i would lose life, but not really that much in my opinion the great mods no coa make up for it really good. Just start with 15% damage reduced, thats where that missing life is.