Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Hell Rush Char???

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by FrostbaneX, Mar 1, 2004.

1. FrostbaneX

FrostbaneX IncGamers Member

Best Hell Rush Char???

PLease tell which is the best char to rush hell...and what skills should i max for it?

2. projectHUM4N

projectHUM4N IncGamers Member

I've found an Lightning Fury/Plague Javelin Amazon to be the best.
    Upgraded eth titans max LF/PJ/and poison jav for extra PJ dmg. Also lvl 17 valk.

3. Privater

Privater IncGamers Member

IMHO the best rusher is a Skellmancer Enigam wearing Necro due that java zone has enormous problems against bosses (see Baal)

4. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

I would say meteorb sorc easily. She tele's fast (and doesn't need enigma to do it!) can take on any monster w/ a good merc, and kills things quickly even in hell.

I give hell rushes with my lvl 91 meteorb sorc every single day, and she hasn't had a problem with it at all. I have started switching over to my lvl 90 bonemancer for the ancients however, just because he seems to take them down fast while slowing them enough (clay golem + decrep) to keep the rushee alive.

Otherwise, my meteorb sorc does it all. act1-ac5, including beating hell baal for them. it's fast, simple and effective.

To see a great guide on the meteorb sorc, go to the sorceress forum and look at the stickied Meteorb Sorc Guide by Sajsa

--fatty

5. superdude0526

superdude0526 IncGamers Member

A good Hammerdin can also be considered with good equipment and Wizardspike, they have the potential to have max resists in Hell mode and since they deal out magic damage with their hammers, immunities are not a problem.

6. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

I'd say a strong meteorb would beat a hammerdin, due to a2 being a real pain for the hammerdin.

So #1:
    Meterob Sorc:
    max meteor
    max fireball
    max fire mast
    max meteor
    Sorc pre-reqs like tele / static / warmth / shiver armor
    rest cold mastery

str: 133 (-req ss)
    dex: 190'ish (75% block, depends on char level)
    vit: rest
    nrg: base

shako
    vipermagi
    ss
    occy
    soj/bk ring
    mara's
    silkweaves
    arachnid mesh
    frostburns

a2 nm offensive merc (might)
    leviathan
    vamp gaze (etheral / up'd) *or* guillame's face
    hone sundan (etheral / up'd)(3x amn)

Blessed Hammer Paladin:
    Max Blessed Hammer
    Max Vigor
    Max Blessed Aim
    Max Concentration
    Paladin pre-reqs in defensive tree Prayer / Meditation / Cleansing / Redemption
    Rest Holy Shield

str: 89
    dex: 100 (maybe 80 depending on gear's +dex, 75% block w/ holy shield + hoz is easy)
    vit: rest
    nrg: base

shako
    enigma
    hoz
    hoto
    soj/bk ring
    mara's
    silkweaves
    arachnid mesh
    frostburns

act 2 nm defensive merc (holy freeze)
    leviathan
    vamp gaze (etheral / up'd) *or* guillame's face
    hone sundan (etheral / up'd)(3x amn)

*note the point of giving the merc ehteral hone sundan + guillame's is MASSIVE cb. which takes em down fast, as well as your sick dmg.*

good luck, hope that helped.

g

out :yep:

7. st-hearts

st-hearts IncGamers Member

I don't see how the Hammerdin you listed (using Enigma) would have any trouble at any point in the game. Remember, the only really hard place for a Hammerdin in Act 2 is the Maggot Lair, and since he has teleport, he doesn't need to kill the monsters in the cramped corridors. If he were not using an Enigma, that would be the one area where he would fall behind the Sorceress in killing ability.

As for a skelemancer being safer for Ancients, that may very well be the case, but you lose in killing speed what you gain in defensive capabilities. A decent hammerdin can take down the Ancients in a 2 player game in about 30 seconds. The rushee should never get hurt if the Paladin is tanking. At least, that's my experience from playing with a Hammerdin.

Here's how I like to think of it:
    --Sorceress => mobile character class that can bypass some of the more dangerous monsters, suffers from potential deadlocks with monster immunities. Depending upon a mercenary to complete their build isn't necessarily crippling, but it can slow down the rushing process, or even stop it (single element sorc + physical damage only merc v. immune monster with physical immunity?)
    --Paladin => better all-around killer, able to handle practically any situation and decent tanking capabilities. Lacks the mobility of the Sorceress if not using Teleport.
    --Necromancer => safest build, incredibly defensive. Killing speed is significantly lower without the ability to redirect minions towards designated targets.

If I were to build a character intended to rush from scratch (untwinked), I would go with a Sorceress, since speed is the main factor for me.

~Hearts~

8. fiend!

fiend! Banned

It's all fine and dandy if you're rich, isn't it? Yes I am bitter, playing HCL and hardly a penny to my name besides the millions of runes obtained from the Countess.

9. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

exactly. and if the original poster is asking to make a character to be able to do so well in hell, I'm guessing they don't have the funds to get HoZ/enigma/hoto etc for a successful hammerdin. If they had all that stuff, or the wealth to obtain it, they probably would have been playing for a while, and have built some successful chars that are able to handle hell easily to the point where they could give rushes.

Meteorb sorcs with a good merc will NEVER run into a monster they can't kill. A monster can't have 3 immunities... and if it DID have a phys immune anyway a reaper's on the merc could take it down. Plus it'd be getting hit by another element from the sorc.

That being said.... if you DID have the funds to equip an uber hammerdin with teleport, I completely agree, they would kill faster overall. However, for the main (not extremely rich) bnet population, sorc would be your best bet.

BTW, for hell ancients I just grab my pvp necro. clay golem + decrep slows them to nothing, and 5k+ bspear/spirit takes them down relatively quickly. I dont have an uber hammerdin for pvm, and don't plan to make one... ugh, I can't stand hammerdins.

--fatty

10. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I met actually monsters with 3 immunities. The ONLY one I couldn´t manage with my Blizz/meteo-FB sorc and her def merc/Toll was a chieftian of abyss knights spawned one time after opening second seal in act 4 Hell. He was immune to my elements (cold and fire) + something more. He castade IM as creasy making my normally immortal merc just.... undead. Finally I entered this game with my zon and she killed him effortless.

It wasn´t the rule though - just exception. I agree with you: cold/fire sorc is secure, extremaly fast and unstopable.

11. rmg121212

rmg121212 IncGamers Member

From HC perspective it's a meteorb sorc/skelimancer combo i think. Rush with the sorc to hell travincal, clear the area in front of the council, open a portal for the rushee and exit. Then bring the skelimancer, raise some skelies from act 1 and kill the council. Same done in the summit and probably in the chaos sanctuary.

1. It's the safest way for the rusher.
    2. It's the safest way for the rushee(dim, terror, attract, wall, prison if something messes at travincal, protecting him/giving him time to flee).
    3. No expensive gear needed.
    4. You're loosing like 2-5 min per difficulty to raise an army, so it's fast also.

Not the best answer i know, since two chars involved, but ...

12. st-hearts

st-hearts IncGamers Member

A million Els is enough to cube up to a Shael and if you get 594,323 more, you'll have a Dol rune to your name.

~Hearts~

13. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Start cubing until you have a Jah and ber made of el(s)