Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Hell Baal Sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Marines920, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Marines920

Marines920 IncGamers Member

Best Hell Baal Sorc?

I want to create a sorc strictly for Hell Baal MF runs. What's the best choice for one?

2. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

that would probably be meteorb, might not kill in 15 seconds, but it can kill cold and fire immunes respectivly. ( or go pure blizz sorc like i did and spend half the run killing those stupid skeletons with a merc)

3. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

I use a pure Blizzard sorc and I don't have to "spend half the run" getting rid of the skeletons. My Might merc quickly kills them with Bonehew and Duriel's Shell for CBF. My Blizzard sorc can kill Baal pretty quickly, as I lower his resists to the negatives whereas a Meteor is dealing resist damage to Baal.

4. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Pure Blizz sorc would do Baal easiest IMO. But you'd need more time wen the throne room is full of Cold immunes. So the time you need more to get rid of the Cold Immunes is the time you get more to kill Baal with Fire.

But as for the total build, get MAX BLOCK. You'll need it. Throne room is usually full of ranged attackers, and usually has some of those flying critters (with those red magic balls) who deal Magic damage, which you don't have resist for. Block is needed hard.

Also, Baal can hit pretty hard. The tentacles can be your downfall easilly when you have no block. The hit hard and fast. Baal himself packs quite a punch too.

And one thing you might consider is having more life then mana. With more life then mana he won't use his Magic Maiden curse, which is a pain for a sorc. You're better of swallowing a mana pot once in a while then having to chug Life pots. (With no mana you're able to drink mana pots. With no life you're dead :) )

5. Syvis

Syvis IncGamers Member

You don't need max block. I managed to kill baal at ease with my 1.09 orb/fw sorc.

6. Celandro

Celandro IncGamers Member

There are no lightning immunes in the throne room, so pure Lightning works. The only problem is if there are black souls in the throne room. The CL/FO sorc would work better if there are blacks, pure lightning if not.

I could do solo baal runs with mid range equipment + a griffons eye. Its a bit easier now with better gear.

7. yangsta

yangsta IncGamers Member

I'm thinking of making a lightning sorc for solo baal runs.

I alrdy have a pure fire sorc with full tal set/trav/nagels/chance gaurd/ and a bunch of good charms.

So items Is not a problem for me. The only thing is.. what skills do I get??? What skills would be good for solo baal killing??

8. Celandro

Celandro IncGamers Member

couldnt post this earlier due to forums being down...

You are pretty much ready to go for gear. The other items to look for if you are on ladder are Griffon Eye, Lightning skill GCs, Lightning facets.

Skills:
    20 CL (Pack killer. #1 reason to play Lightning)
    20 L (Boss Killer, also useful in 8 player games or when monsters get too spread out)
    20 LM
    20 CB (Boss Killer + synergy)
    1 static
    1 teleport + prereqs
    1 warmth (messed up here, think I put 4, however I will still max nova at 99 I believe)
    Rest in Nova (Synergy).

Alternatively, you can sacrifice some CL and L power and add 20 FO + prereqs + 10 cold mastery in place of CB and Nova. This will help with cold immunes if you decide to do the pit for mf and with black souls for baal runs.

Im currently lvl 90 pure lightning with +14 light skills +2 light mastery -44% lightning resist +20% lightning damage. Gear is 4 item tal set(light facet + um rune), griffon eye(light facet), mf gear, 8 light skill gcs, annilus, 1 soj, upgraded mosers w pdiamonds. Weapon switch ali baba(2x 10mf jewels) + rhyme. Merc is act 2 holy freeze using reapers toll, shaftstop and rockstopper.

Short pure lightning run guide:

Pit mf runs: ali baba +rhyme with chain lightning kills fast but can drain mana fairly fast, occulus + rhyme is better with the per kill on occy, but the mf drops a bit. One or 2 CL casts clears a pack usually in single player game. Lightning Immune archers/bosses are killed by merc. In high player games, the lightning immunes do a number on my merc and he dies far too often.

Mephisto mf runs: Teleport to mephisto, static 3 times, lightning 3 times (not 4 that can kill him), switch weapons, bolt 1-4 times till dead. 105 FCR can be obtained if using magefist + fcr ring instead of chance guards and mf ring. 63 fcr is fast enough teleporting for me though.

Baal exp runs: Definitely get 105 FCR here! The teleporting is a lot riskier on this run and any death will kill your exp. Make friends with as many barbarians as possible for battle orders, or save up for call to arms (still on my wish list), it will help a lot. 8 player games are key. Lightning is better than Chain Lightning for these games as the mobs tend to line up fairly well and not spread out. It also conserves your mana

Baal mf runs: 105 FCR for teleporting is key here as well, you do not want to die on the way down. Chain Lightning will handle the boss packs in the throne of desruction quickly. Spam it! Black souls are your arch enemy, as only your merc can kill them, but he rarely will before he dies. Maybe a might merc with doom and other good gear would be able to handle them but mine certainly can not. If you see black souls in the throne room just go to the next game.

Im very happy with my lightning sorc. The damage is really high with the proper gear. Sometimes I wish I could kill lightning immunes easier but overall, im very pleased. It is an extremely gear intensive build though as items that reduce lightning resists are required for good results.