best hell baal mf tag-team

___

Diabloii.Net Member
best hell baal mf tag-team

please leave serious input / suggestions / thoughts

one will most likely be a tk/es orb sorc to do meph solo when not taking part in this tag team action

my question is what for the 2nd build

right now i am thinking a conc barb.. a pure tanker / bo machine. tanks all the minions while sorc and mercs kill. only problem is, orb takes care of meph.. but can it take care of baals minions?

if you want to suggest 2 totally seperate builds with complete opposite approach.. please feel free, i am posting for your suggestions! (duh)

basically i am thinking sorc / barb.. discuss

Corndog

Diabloii.Net Member
___ said:
please leave serious input / suggestions / thoughts

one will most likely be a tk/es orb sorc to do meph solo when not taking part in this tag team action

my question is what for the 2nd build

right now i am thinking a conc barb.. a pure tanker / bo machine. tanks all the minions while sorc and mercs kill. only problem is, orb takes care of meph.. but can it take care of baals minions?

if you want to suggest 2 totally seperate builds with complete opposite approach.. please feel free, i am posting for your suggestions! (duh)

basically i am thinking sorc / barb.. discuss
My friend and I use Sorc / Hammerdin combo. Too be honest he(the hammerdin) doesnt even need me. LOL

Mcsaladshaker

Diabloii.Net Member
I say either sorc/hammerdin or sorc/necro would be best

My friend and i are sorc/sorc (both orb) and we do baal runs in 4-6 mins

___

Diabloii.Net Member
sorc / sorc with 2 mercs and you have no tanking issues? i also assume there is no life issues (no need for bo) ?

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
They're both probably pretty rich, i.e. at least one of them has CtA on switch.

I would have to say Orb or Bliz Sorc with either a Hammerdin or Meteorb Sorc. Skellymancer + Hammerdin would also be pretty sick.

Prez

Diabloii.Net Member
I run baal allot with my skelliemancer and two friends...one is a blizz sorc, the other is orb. The sorcs with lower resistance pretty much pwns everything. Skellies clean up any cold immunes and tank. C2A on switch for life boost, although I can honestly say that the only times I lose life is because of being poisoned.

We pretty much demolish everything...i don't keep track of the time, but since we walk and don't use mh, I doubt we set any records.

Unless you are focused on lvl'ing, I've found that the "journey" is as productive as the "destination". In this case the journey being the multitude of bosses that you kill in worldstone 2 and 3 and the destination being the minions and baal.

The only concern I would have about a barb/sorc combo is that u get some really nasty boss combos, multiple auras, dolls, tons of Obsidian mages (with iron maiden), and then lister can spawn with the abilty to "one hit" if he gets spectral w/light/cold/fire mods. A pure melee build in that environment just plains sucks..I have a fury druid that I have done baal runs with, and I spent most of the time on lvl 3 and the throne room worrying about iron maiden.

So for my 2 cents, u need some build with minions that can tank those really nasty areas...the best being a summoning necro imho. The other char should be the "killer". I'd recomend either a orb/blizz sorc or a Javazon for the killer role.

Prez

Sip

Banned
My baal running Dream team would be:

Pure Battle orders/shout/battle command/warcry barb
conviction/hammers paladin
LF amazon
Trap assasin
Fire sorc
cold sorc
Lit sorc
Poison and bone Lower resist necro

the barb can provide much life and mana
the paladin will do some nice damage as well as provide a useful aura
the amazon will be a nice killer
the trap assasin (who can carry alot of mf) is also a good killer
one of the 3 sorcs can teleport. They will be killers
The poison and bone necro can kill well and provide lower resist.

You could also go for something really simple like 8x hammer pallies. That would be pretty nice.

___

Diabloii.Net Member
Prez said:
I run baal allot with my skelliemancer and two friends...one is a blizz sorc, the other is orb. The sorcs with lower resistance pretty much pwns everything. Skellies clean up any cold immunes and tank. C2A on switch for life boost, although I can honestly say that the only times I lose life is because of being poisoned.

We pretty much demolish everything...i don't keep track of the time, but since we walk and don't use mh, I doubt we set any records.

Unless you are focused on lvl'ing, I've found that the "journey" is as productive as the "destination". In this case the journey being the multitude of bosses that you kill in worldstone 2 and 3 and the destination being the minions and baal.

The only concern I would have about a barb/sorc combo is that u get some really nasty boss combos, multiple auras, dolls, tons of Obsidian mages (with iron maiden), and then lister can spawn with the abilty to "one hit" if he gets spectral w/light/cold/fire mods. A pure melee build in that environment just plains sucks..I have a fury druid that I have done baal runs with, and I spent most of the time on lvl 3 and the throne room worrying about iron maiden.

So for my 2 cents, u need some build with minions that can tank those really nasty areas...the best being a summoning necro imho. The other char should be the "killer". I'd recomend either a orb/blizz sorc or a Javazon for the killer role.

Prez
Thank you very much for your input Prez.

To respond, the focus will be on the Baal drop, lvling will only be the bonus. As of now, one build will most definitely be Orb Sorc (with the bulk of the MF).. the other will be Hammerdin (for tanking / hammer dmg) or Summon Nec (for lower rez / uber tanking).

Again, I sincerely appreciate your feedback.

-Gary

EDIT: Sip, its only a 2 man team :)

Mcsaladshaker

Diabloii.Net Member
___ said:
sorc / sorc with 2 mercs and you have no tanking issues? i also assume there is no life issues (no need for bo) ?
My merc -
Shaeled ethereal reapers
15 ias upgraded shaft
15 ias kiras

his merc
shaeled reapers
shaft
kiras

We both have around 1000 life, and no cta >< the only time we really need to go back to heal is if we get poisoned, and we need to go back if hydra kills the merc, other than that, merc only dies to Iron Maiden

det

Diabloii.Net Member
This is not my idea, so credit goes to HAMC8112 for this:

Fana paladin and 2 Skellynecros apparently are the "roxxors". Wouldn't be bad however to get BO from a Barb at start.

Well..can anything beat a Tele sorc/ Bo barb combo for speed?

Obviously the bigger the party, the more killing/staying power (e.g. oak from Druid), but also everybody would need MF equipment, or its hard to get the kills only from the MFer.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Well if we're going to a 3-person party, I'd think 1 Skellymancer + 1 Fanatic Zealot + 1 Hammerdin would be "teh uber pwnage" (higher on the scale than "roxxor") as long as the Necro loaded up on the +summoning skills gear, i.e. as many skellies as possible. Fanat would give the skellies ias and ar while the Conc gave ridiculous amounts of damage... the Hammerdin can do some dmg too I guess. :evil:

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
hammerdin/sorc or hammerdin/winddruid

IMO the two best options... both good res, telport options due enigma, massive damage, magic, cold and physical, grizzly 2 merc and a ghost too tank... and u can load them up with lots of mf gear.. :thumbsup: to those teams

BattleCookie

Diabloii.Net Member
Hiho,

in my opinion to do mf runs, you need a very good tank, who can tank everything in the game and a quite fast killer who gots all the mf. And this is one of the following teams:

- summon necro + sorc (cold // lit)
- summon necro + hammerdin

Summoning necro for the tank. There is no other build imho, which can tank really everything in the worldstone keep. I still have to see the barb which tanks a group of cursed, fana, extra fast moonlords with that group of might, conviction gloams next to them (yeah, i met those with my necro - damn it was scary).

Sorc can use very much mf items without loosing killing power when focussing in one elemental dmg.

Hammerdin ist the faster killer who cant use that much mf without loosing killing power. But still i think its the better choice due to faster killing.

I'm doing a lot of baalruns in hell atm with my summoning necro. He does a quite easy job to get rid of the minions.
My second computer makes a sorc waiting in town till she can toast baal with meteors and ca. 500 mf :)

So far,
BC

Blood_And_Iron

Diabloii.Net Member
sorc/hammerdin/wind druid with teleport, oak and bo is the party. Don't need another person :)

For the less privileged such as myself any combo with teleport + oak + bo is fine. Lvl 5 oak is good enough.

And for Sip, why would you need trapper when you have 3 sorcs.

I still say best party = 7 sorc + 1 barb. :) Hammerdins and wind druids are sorcs, so are trappers and bone necroes, etc.

xeyloderixed

Diabloii.Net Member
det said:
Well..can anything beat a Tele sorc/ Bo barb combo for speed?
i'd have to say a lot of builds. of course this assumes you have access to 349650128 jah, ber, ohm runes.....

the best baal runs in east, as far as i can tell, are the ones hosted by D-theGreat (currently #1 barb). his main skills are tele (enigma) and howl. he doesnt even bother giving bo at the wkwp; he just makes a clear tp at the throne room.

as far as the second guy, anyone that can deal magic damage, 2 elemental attacks or a necro is good enuff. but of course the fastest is a hammerdin.

actually, now that i think about it, the absolutely best is enigma/cta hammerdin/necro or hammerdin/sin, with the necro/sin only doing CE (due to large range, easy to target). of course the chances of this being legit is like 1/2948519846 (probably less than that)

sohcan

Diabloii.Net Member
I would say sorc and summon necro with CE. Minions for tanking, lower res for curse du jour, and between the sorc attacks and CE the minions drop at lightning speed. In 1.09 I did a necro/barb combo with skaman on a few baal runs, after his barb made the first corpse my necro's CE decimated the rest. I still find a high level CE to be quite effective even in 1.10, and for taking Baal down sorc/necro combo would easily be one of the fastest.