Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best HC amazon build?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by azithinkibe, May 21, 2008.

1. azithinkibe

azithinkibe IncGamers Member

Best HC amazon build?

I'm looking to try out my first amazon character, and want to play it hardcore. What are some suggestions for a good, tough build that can survive HC? The obvious seems like a ranged build, so maybe something with bows? But I haven't played a melee character in a while, so if that's doable, that would be cool too.

It's also going to be completely untwinked.

2. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Re: Best HC amazon build?

Javazon, LF/CS to be exact. It's been said that one can complete the game with a set of cracked javs. I can't personally vouch for that, I would have had to have thrown away too many nifty rares.:laugh: Seriously though, the java, along with the summon-mancer and trapsin are considered the best builds for starting out/untwinked in HC.

The build is cookie-cutter, with a bit more focus on defence. While javas in sc can get away w/o the dodges, valk, even a merc, this isn't advisable in HC. Staying alive is everything! proceed accordingly.

Bowzons are a bit tougher, the cookie-cutter builds still work for me here too. I can elaborate more on them if you want to hear about it.

There is also a stickied guide for a hybrid that should work well for HC. I haven't tried it.

3. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

4. azithinkibe

And for immunes? FA with CA for synergy? Or just FA with LS also maxed, for 3 lightning synergies?

5. azithinkibe

Also, is it worth getting valk for hardcore, even with the d/e/a bug?

6. robzombiesslave

robzombiesslave IncGamers Member

huh? :shocked:

Unless you're building a jab/impale/fend zon. Yes because those are the only amazon skills that d/e/a bug apply for. (someone confirm please)

So in short. Yes get d/e/a, valk, and decoy. They are all very useful in keeping your zon alive. :thumbsup:

7. azithinkibe

err, yea, I think I totally misunderstood some of the stuff I read in other posts - I thought d/e/a were prereqs for valk.

8. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

The fend bug also impacts strafe to a minor degree IIRC, but it's hardly noticable. It doesn't effect jab that badly either, with rapid attack sequences the 'dodge' bug becomes much less of an issue.

Do get the dodges, at least 2-3 points each, decoy, 5 or more points and 17 points in valk. This is pretty much SOP for zons (other than fenders) in hardcore or soft.

I prefer to use strafe over FA (actually use both) when going hybrid. You need the leech back that strafe provides. FA will come in very handy late in the game when the LI/PIs start to show, but there is no reason to max it, 5-10 points will do. Instead, stack elemental (cold) damage elsewhere, longer freeze/chill duration, less mana consumed.

LF doesn't really get anything from it's synergies, Charged Strike does though and it rocks when maxed or almost maxed (boss killer). Forget LS.

9. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Read nightfishes guide. He has chosen not to put points in d/e/a and therefore no valk because with every attack they can prevent you from attacking - with strafe just as much as with fend, difference is that with strafe, you shouldn't get hit. The problem arises when huge numbers of monsters attack you at the same time, dart blowing flayers for instance.
    Being prevented from attacking means that the monsters stay alive longer to kill you. Now it's up to you what you do. The only places where I believe this really is an issue, are flayer jungle and WSK. It is worth running danger there while being more safe in other area's?

P.S. note that nightfish made his zon to run wsk, and thus flayers are often in the way.
    P.P.S. strafe with a bad bow is a weak skill. While fa with a weak bow isn't as weak. Start by putting points in the lightning skill and what ever other skills - perhaps one points freezing arrow for mass freeze - you want and then decided. If you find a good bow, you can go strafe, if you don't...

[edit]
    from nightfishes guide.