best guitar player?

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
best guitar player?

hmm...i was wondering who do you think is the best guitar player in the world. for me i think there are two of them: carlos santana and richie blackmore. haven't heard anything better yet. you? :yep:

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
MinasMorgul said:
Randy Rhoads!!!!

I havent really listened to anyother guitar gods, so my choice is Bias...
Amazing guitar player but IMO the best is Joe Satriani. He has taught so many of the best and/or well know players in the world.

Twoflower

Banned
tim sparks, bill frisell, marc ribot, ralph towner, john abercrombie

just to name a few

it s realy hard to pick one best :)

if you wanna know what i m talking about get the CD "Masada Guitars" and be amazed

warning : it s jazz ( you can t find the best guitar player outside jazz imo )

Tor

Diabloii.Net Member
twoflower said:

just to name a few

if you wanna know what i m talking about get the CD "Masada Guitars" and be amazed

julian lage is damn good and hes only 16

Gibby

Banned
Right now at this time, I would have no opinion whatsoever, but in history noone comes close to jimmi hendrix

Twoflower

Banned
cmon guys, jimi... you must be kidding

he was very good at taking LSD, but when it comes to play 3 melody lines at the same time he certainly wasnt king

go go tim sparks

masterazn

Banned
I think it really depends on what "best" means. There's just too many styles of playing a guitar that define a good guitarist. I mean, for blues, B.B. King is definetely one of the best. But can you picture B.B. King and Lucille playing a Megadeth solo? Probably not. So it really depends on what "best" means...

On a side note this is something I recorded last year:

masterazn's awesome solo thing

Rick

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont like those 20 minute solos, something simple and sweet like the one in American Idiot pwn them anyday.

Oh and guitar player?
ME BABY, ME!!!!!!!!

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
twoflower said:

just to name a few

While there are some amazing Jazz guitarists, I like John Mclaughlin and Al DiMiola for example, I still think Satriani is the best.

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
Stevie Ray Vaughan without a doubt.

One of my personal favorite guitarists within a band is Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Paige.