Best group killer for a lightning sorc - poll

Which Is Better: an "Ice Arrow Rogue" or a "Fire Arrow Rogue"?

• Ice Arrow Rogue Is Best

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Fire Arrow Rogue Is Best

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both Are Equally Viable

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

RealmOftheWolf

Diabloii.Net Member
assume 20 +skills with all senergies max.
659 - 686 ish damage if i work out right.

24xthat 15,816 -16,464. if all hit one target most hit the boss.

spread across the group and its spammable and looks cool in the process

MageChick

Diabloii.Net Member
For groups I'd have to go with chain lightning.

Charged bolt spreads out so much that even if they are pretty close its only going to hit them with a few bolts if they are more than a few yards away from you. Still if you can spam at point blank range its pretty effective.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
smeer said:
In http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=500749
Charged Bolt is discussed as the best boss/group killer.
1. No one ever said Charged Bolt was the best group killer.

2. Nova is somewhat weak in comparsion. You'd have to be completely surrounded by a lot of monsters for it to do more damage. It's really more of a novelty skill than anything else (and good for rushing norm).

It comes down to Chain Lightning vs. Lightning, and each has its uses. In one situation (e.g. lots of spread-out monsters) CL might do more damage, while in another (e.g. tightly-packed or lined-up monsters) L might do more damage.

MageChick

Diabloii.Net Member
there was an argument earlier (different thread) that Charged Bolt was better for killing cows. Even in the tightly packed cow herds CB comes in third to L or CL as you mentioned. That's all I was saying. But CB does have its usefulless against baal minions - just stand on the steps and spam away.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
CB for norm and nm

Hell, I always have favored Lightning over CL, simply because less mana cost + more damage.

If monsters are packed tightly, L is the obvious choice. But for packs that are spread out, CL if you wish.