Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best gear for PvM Trap asn.

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Antiochous_3, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Antiochous_3

Antiochous_3 IncGamers Member

Best gear for PvM Trap asn.

Hi, i have read all of the guides and looked around the forums for what everyone suggests but i cant seem to get a diffinitive answer. I am new to asn so i have done my best at getting what i thought was good but i was just wondering what you guys thought i could improve?

Shako
    2x Greater Talons w/ +3 traps
    2x Blade Talons w/ +3 SD on switch
    War travs
    Mage fist
    +3 traps ammy
    2x soj
    Rare Belt: Pain Lock
    24 fhr
    23 str
    34 life
    cold res 20%
    Poison res 14%
    6 max stamina
    Smoke Archron Plate (I needed res)

I was thinkin that CoH wold be the best armor but what else could i improve?

On a side note can any other stats spawn on a +3 traps claw. I was thinkin that a +3 traps, 20 ias cla that i soc with 2 shaels would be ideal but is that possible?

Thanks for any and all input,

Anti

2. Antiochous_3

Come on guys. I must admit that i am very disapointed at the level of participation here in the assassin forum. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have done the research but i know that some of u veterans will have some awsome ideas. Thanks

3. reno666

reno666 IncGamers Member

See, the term "best" is very ambiguous. There's different armors that can be best depending on your own definition. Some like Enigma's teleport, some CoH's resists, some just like how different types of armor looks, some enjoy magic finding, etc. Personally, I like Vipermagi's mods but don't like how it looks on my asn. If I could transfer the fast cast/resists/+1 to another armor, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Also, your set up seems to lack a Cannot Be Frozen mod. Finally, unless you plan on doing some melee, there's no reason for ias on the claw, assuming you have BoS. If Fade is on, Ive never felt any big difference regardless of my claw's speed. I'd rather put resist jewels if you have them handy and keep BoS on.

4. Antiochous_3

First off, thank you for actually taking the time to answer me. I have found the assassin forum to be very unresponsive over all. A far as "best" i am talking about killing power. I am not intrested in mf unless it is just a added bonus on the item. The main things i am concerned about are gloves, boots and weps. I would like to continue to use fade as opposed to bos simply because i belive that the res it gives will be hard to make up.

As far as the weps, i would like to hit 7 fps trap laying speed. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea of what the ideal asn claw would be for a trap asn. I know that greater talons have the fastest inherent speed. i believe i still need 75 ias to reach 7 fps tho. Thats why i was wondering if it was possible to get any ias mods ona 3 traps claw and if so how much. I would like to get the best possible claws for this asn before i soc them and put ias runes or res jewels in them.

Anti

5. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

It's possible to get a Cunning Greater Talons of Quickness(+3 Trap with 40% IAS), and then socketing it with 1-3 Shaels to reach the 75% cap. However, those are very rare(and don't bother getting IAS on your off-hand claw, it won't apply).

6. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

I'd suggest ditching smoke and socketing your claws with resist jewels - you can pick up 30% all resist fairly easily this way (and may even be able to get IAS on them). 7 fps trap-laying speed isn't really necessary unless you're fireblasting a lot. Toss up cloak of shadows and you shouldn't have a problem laying your traps unhindered.

7. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

you can find my post on best trapper gear, although I didn't consider the +3 traps with ias.