Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best for hell?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by GANGSTER., Mar 23, 2004.

1. GANGSTER.

GANGSTER. IncGamers Member

Best for hell?

What is the best charactor and build for surviving 8ppl hell games???

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

I hope people remember to keep this word in mind when replying =). Expect a lot of different answers and opinions. There is no definite best survivor imo. The best survivor imo is the one with decent to godly gear, efficient killing power, and a player that knows how to use their character effectively.

Based on my own experience, a high hp zealot with 90 resist all in hell and dracul's gloves for lifetap is the best survivor. Once lifetap is casted, even burning souls won't kill you, as long as you concentrate on the screen. With a fast zeal, you shouldn't die. The problem is, zealots can be survivors, but depending on weapon choice might not be the fastest killers. I personally use botd zerker, so I don't have a problem. However when using b-star and even azurewrath in big hell games in later acts, damage was pretty low. I survived, which is what you're asking for I suppose.

*One more note on lifetap is that it works on immune to phys and monsters that cannot be leech (eg burning souls/black souls). It's basically a huge bonus in life leech, no matter what enemy you're fighting.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

hideadin. run away and hide in the corner and wait for your party members to kill everything.

4. superdude0526

superdude0526 IncGamers Member

Let's say you don't have godly armor, rings, amulets or weapons and want a good character that you can develop to 1st make it to hell and be able to effectively kill monsters in a 8ppl game. I would say a Hammerdin is a good viable build. Que Hagan's armor is relatively easy to trade for, Wizard Spike's are pretty plentiful and some rare (Faster Cast) rings and amulets that have 50+ mana with some half decent resists. Frostburn gauntlets and Tearhaunch Greaves and your set.

This is by no means (godly) equipment and is not hard to trade for, but you don't really need this equipment (except for Wizard's Spike for the Resists) and just make do with what you find along the way and you'll do fine. But faster cast equipment will get more hammers out for you and they do a lot of damage. You can kill Baal's Minions in hell quite effectively with magical hammers. Another benefit is that you don't have to worry about monster immunities as the damage dealt by hammers is magical.

5. palerider

palerider IncGamers Member

Zealot, with good gear is really easy in 8ppl hell, almost boring with godly gear, until you get iron maiden casted on you, then, well your dead.

6. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

[QUOTE: sJw_shan]
    I hope people remember to keep this word in mind when replying =). Expect a lot of different answers and opinions. There is no definite best survivor imo. The best survivor imo is the one with decent to godly gear, efficient killing power, and a player that knows how to use their character effectively.

It´s true

[QUOTE: Superhal]
    hideadin. run away and hide in the corner and wait for your party members to kill everything.

...And even more true :lol:

Now serious: A zealot is of course a very strong candidate. I think though that bonemancer can be even safer. I have one of these guys who cn't die. He is so terribly boring though that I wish him die (and be hc - but he isn´t :()