Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best first character...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by GLoCKy, Feb 20, 2004.

1. GLoCKy

GLoCKy IncGamers Member

Best first character...

I'm also just starting up a 1.10 account. I was wondering if MF sorc is indefinitely the best option for a first character on an account, and what build to go. Also, how do you level fast until baal in norm?

2. feerie

feerie IncGamers Member

Sorc for mainly mfing is a good character to start out. Cuz MF Sorc will eventually gather all the necessary items for other characters you wish to build.
    But since you're just starting out, and considering you don't have any aid from anyone else. It's going to take a pretty much time to have necessary equipments for your mf sorc.

Not considering mf so much, Assassin (trapsin) might be a good character to start. Cuz she doesn't need any specific equipments to be effective enough to play. (well, of course godly items always helps.. ) And you can shop for +3 trap claws .. just takes some time.

3. marshaldwm2

marshaldwm2 IncGamers Member

For a first, char, probably not. I would go with a paladin, especiallythe ZEAl(5 or so points) and then fanaticsim(20 ASAP). Put the rest of the points anywhere they look good or read the paladin forum.

With a first char, your goal should be to jump-start other chars. So play your paladin up to Baal in normal(or nightmare) and MF with him(not really uniqeus, but dgood rares mostly.)

Then build you sorc with those rares, and MF uniques. After thet, you should be set.]

To level quickly, play in act 1 till level 12-15 in games with 5+ people. Try to party with them, even if they are not killing in the same area as you. Monsters in Act one are not really dangerous anyway, so you chould get xp quickly.

Then kill Andurial in a private game and move on to act two.

In act two just go through the quests in order. By now you should have some rare plate and a decent weapon, though it is probably not great. Duriel will be a bit of a challenge, so expectto die a bit and have lots of TPS. Level up to about 20 here.

In act 3, do the game as intendded and slog through the forests and marches. Don't just skip to Travencial. Level up to about 24 here.

Then kill mephisto and move to diablo. Now you are in trouble. It is very ahrd to kill diablo alone atthis level so join up with a kill diablo game and partty wit htem. Once you kill idablo go to act 5 and find an ancients game. Killthe ancients and then join one of the millions of Baalrunz002, Baal Run 003 etc games. (You need to be level 25 to get good xp here) Level with them until you hit level 40 or so, and pick up any qeusts you missed when you get bored. Go to nightmare, and start shopping and gambling.

That should do it.

Surpirisingly enough, playing the game as it is supposed to be played isthe best way to level up from 1-25.

4. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

A sorc is potentially absolutely best m-finder but not as starting char. A sorc need full res, >10 + skills, decent gear for her merc and - of course - mf if she is meant to be m-finder. You just don´t have in the begining items like Tal armour, Maras, Harley or even Skully.
    I think that best starting chars are naken killers designed especially for NM - not higher. My opening char on ladder was tesla build and he did his duty well. Today I would prolly go for trap assa - she doesn´t need a gear (I mean NM), she kills things as fast as she runs and she runs fast. :lol:

5. Magos

Magos IncGamers Member

Sorc is a great first char for MF - its really hard to come up with options to replace static and teleport. A good call would be to max Frozen Orb and push Cold Mastery to about 15. You can do that by lvl 45 and own Nightmare using FO, even with little to no plus skills. A couple of days running NM Mephie and Baal should start you up just fine. One of your first aims should be to get Faster Cast Rate to 63% and Faster Hit Recovery to 30%. With those numbers you will have no problem porting through Durance 2, with just a little practise. I'd suggest FCR and FHR are even more important than resists for porting through Durance. Once you are established there aim for a Wizardspike and Whitstans Guard to get you going.

You can be running Mephie from scratch within a day.

6. GLoCKy

GLoCKy IncGamers Member

I already have a 50 druid that has absolute **** gear except for an ereal unique humongous axe. I do around 800 damage w/ fury maxed. After doing baal runs to get me to about 47-48 i decided to go to NM, and i'm only on A1 so far. I have a friend who has been helping me, so he looks for axe's. However, I don't want to be dependent upon him and I wanna be able to start making characters that have good equipment waiting for them. So, with the knowledge that I have a 50 druid already who could get some gear (though not great) for my MF character, should I go with paly or sorc to start building up some riches? If I go with sorc, is the best MF sorc meteor?