Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

best FINAL fanatic zealot PvM weapon is....?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by mastrinidad, Feb 10, 2004.

1. mastrinidad

mastrinidad IncGamers Member

best FINAL fanatic zealot PvM weapon is....?

yep, this has prob been said before but I thought id bring it up again just because there are some newbies around.

I say FINAL because its more or less when your level is at a very high number.

Ive had a few zealot weapons in the past..right now my choices are

a 5 ohmed Rune-master (sick dam)
    Upgraded FleshRender (good dam and great damage mods)
    Dual Ohmed Heavens light scepter (great mods and crushing blow)
    Baranars Star (physical and elemental power)
    Gimmershred Axe (more elemental madness)

Im thinking of when im 85 to get an azurewrath. Its a lil hard for me to get enough for Doom or BOTD ber axes...

my zealot is straightforward..Zeal with fanaticism as main killer for everyone...with possible gimmershred on switch.

I like hearing opinions for your favorite zealot weapon and why. The newbies might want to read it too.

2. rastaman

rastaman IncGamers Member

you can afford a 5ohm runemaster and not botd? my zealot uses botd and people in hell baal comment on how excellent my pally is (either by asking to see my gear or calling me a hacker). however if you had to pick the rune master seems to make the most sense.

3. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

i would get a eth one .. zod and 4 x ohm it ... same dam .. yes i know .. why then ... looks kooler. also if on ladder it might be cheaper ... i know ohm > zod.

4. mastrinidad

mastrinidad IncGamers Member

Well my friend gave me the runemaster.He didnt like being a paladin anymore. its easier to get Ohms in trade rooms than zods and the eth uber weapons for a botd anyway.

5. Any1

Any1 Banned

"a 5 ohmed Rune-master"

"Dual Ohmed Heavens light scepter"

I didn't realize it was raining Ohms on the realms.

"I thought id bring it up again just because there are some newbies around."

"The newbies might want to read it too."

We all appreciate your concern for the education of the novices on this forum. :rolleyes:

6. frend? or foe!

frend? or foe! IncGamers Member

hi im nowhere near rich enough for botd/5xohm gear so i opted for my self found stormlash put a ohm in it almost doubles shaffers dmg, speed and has twice the chance of casting higher% static this weapon cannot be scoffed at for your average zealot! :clap:
    jimi

7. kreestopearq

kreestopearq IncGamers Member

I like my Famine Legendary Mallet.

8. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

no one mentioned nord's tenderizer or eth upgraded atlantean? not as good as BotD or 5ohmed runemaster but not bad by any means.

@voice: since having a weapon eth makes the BASE damage be 150% of the original, an eth one with 4x ohm and 1x zod would actually do more damage than a regular 5x ohm one.

--fatty

9. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

Ehh maybe I'm not seeing something but if you could get Ohms on Ladder, I'm sure you could get 39/15s, wouldn't the IAS make up for the damage, 0IAS and 250ED, or 75IAS and 200ED.

10. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

my pally uses a 4 socket runemaster..since its only 4 sockets i socketed it cheaply until i can upgrade to a 5 socker with a higher ed%
    i went 2 shael,2 eth
    4fps is sick...
    so when i get a 5 socket im gonna go 2 shael, 2 eth, ohm.....still gonna hit 4fps with ias from other gear but nice added dmg :)

11. redalert

redalert IncGamers Member

what happened to azurewrath?! how about glimmershreds? heh

12. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Eth Rare Beserker Axe w/ Auto-repair 500+ed dual leech 40 ias 2 sockets fool's mod eviseration +min damage mod

or of course................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    ...........................................................................................................................................................................
    ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Superiour 15% ed +3 ar Eth Archron Staff BOTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. tl998

tl998 Banned

This information is of absolutely no use to me since I have no runes above a fal. Don't even know what an OHM does. ed? Now can someone tell me some good weapons that actually drop for people who don't mf all day?

14. legend204

legend204 IncGamers Member

nords tenderizer can be bought for cheap on ladder realms and is a good bang for the buck...

freeze target ias good ed lots of cold damage so u dont need to worry about PI's cold absorb..not too shabby

15. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Actually.
    Cruel Fool's Mechanics Berzerker Axe of Quickness Transendence Self-Repair
    Eth, socketed with 40/15ias 40/15ias, or 40/15max if you have the ias elsewhere. (20 more ias needed for fastest zeal iirc)

16. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Azurewrath is the best pvm weapon IMO. The other people just want to show off their super-duper 5 Ohms.

Azurewrath looks low on damage. But the fact is, it has the sanctaury aura, which gives huge ed towards undead. With a Azure and LoH combo, you do about 300-400% extra ed to most monsters. What's more? With the aura, you can leech effortlessly with undead skeletons. Even agains PIs, you don't really need vegeance, just zeal and let the cold/magic damage do the trick. But, be warned, to get the best use of this sword, put on some CB gear.

17. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Best zealot weapon: Ethereal Deaths Reaver (berseaker axe) with ZOD, used along with highlords. This one powns both eth Botd&Runemaster(4ohm+zod) (check about DS mod, compare vs ias you need and what u sacrifie to get em all up to 4 fps).Besides the rare ethereal 500% ed + ... mentioned above (dreaming is nice).

For the current player, non ethereal Reaver does the job, dont need to look further (remeber, never forget the highlords on ur zealot). Deathly Strike is best zealots friend.

Enjoy

Ferro

Edit: Never ever put 4xOhm on an ethereal Runemaster, Zod+Ohm+3xLo is the optimal soket choice.

18. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

DS is nice for pvp; CB is the key for pvm.

19. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

The good unique scourge will have to be the best, yeah the min dmg suxxs if you are unlucky and get hits only with that, but in 8 ppl games the static and crushing blow does away with almost any other weapon...

For the min dmg i would try and use +min dmg on rings and some jewels with +mindmg/something else ...

[Edit] Forgot the Name of the weapon[/Edit]
    Stormlash
    Scourge

One-Hand Damage: (10-12) To (272-320) (141-166 Avg)
    Required Level: 82
    Required Strength: 125
    Required Dexterity: 77
    Durability: 65
    Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
    +240-300% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    +50% Damage To Undead
    Adds 1-473 Lightning Damage
    +30% Increased Attack Speed
    +33% Chance of Crushing Blow
    20% Chance To Cast Level 18 Tornado On Striking
    15% Chance To Cast Level 10 Static Field On Striking
    +3-9 Lightning Absorb (varies)
    Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 30
    (Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

20. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Ya, Um´ed runemaster works great and its reasonable cheap.